The three day foundation day celebration also include “Valedictory Function”
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) 95th Foundation Day Celebrations is started from today October 29, 2015 onwards. It’s three day celebration, which invites entire Jamia bridari to celebrating this grand occasion. The 95th Foundation Day is organized under the Chairmanship of Prof. Sadre Alam, Dean, F/o Fine Arts and the committee.
The Foundation Day Celebrations has begun at 10.30 AM with a Flag Hoisting Ceremony in the Forecourt of Dr. M.A. Ansari Auditorium. The programme is addresssed by Prof. Talat Ahmad, Vice-Chancellor.
On this grand occasion Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) has invited The Chief Guest Dr. Jitender Singh, Minister of State for Prime Minister’s Office - Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions and Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (Independent Charge) along with Prof. Talat Ahmad, Vice-Chancellor, Jamia Millia Islamia received the ‘Guard of Honour’ by the NCC Cadets of Jamia at 12.00 Noon.
The inauguration of ‘Talimi Mela’ is inaugurated in the lawn of Dr. M.A. Ansari Auditorium, Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI).
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) has celebrated following programme on October 29, 2015:
- Inauguration of Gandhi Trophy
- Inauguration of Book Fair
- Inauguration of Inter University Camp of Student Artists
- Grassroots Innovation Exhibition
- Exhibition of Paintings, Sculpture, Photography and Printmaking
October 30, 2015 programmes:
- Inauguration of Nehru Trophy
- Career Expo - 2015
- Guard of Honour to Shri N.N. Vohra, Hon’ble Governor of Jammu & Kashmir 4) Special Lecture by Shri N.N. Vohra
- Unveiling of the Statue of Late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, former President of India by
- Shri N.N. Vohra
- Professor Mohammad Mujeeb Memorial Lecture
October 31, 2015 programmes:
- Nukkad Natak
- Poetry Reading
- Variety Programme
- Screening of films based on the stories by Munshi Prem Chand
- Public Lecture on “Effects of Bad Posture on Health & Performance”
Apart from this Valedictory Function will take place on October 31, 2015 at 5.40 PM in Dr. M.A. Ansari Auditorium. JMI Prof. Ved Prakash, Chairman, University Grants Commission (UGC) has been invited as a chief guest for this grand celebration. The valedictory function is followed by Sham-e-Ghazal Performance by Radhika Chopra.
Source: Shreya Sharma, HT Campus Specialist