KATHAK dance presented by MAHAGAMI Artist at 9th Aura-Aurangabad Dance Concerts
9th Aura-Aurangabad Dance Concerts was held on November 21, 2015. The programme was started with Surya Vandana - Invocation to the deity Sun through a musical masterpiece by Pt. Jitendra Abhisheki.
After that Devagiri Bilawal - A path-breaking piece that is based on reconstruction of the original composition sung by the legendary musician Gopal Nayak in 14th century at Devagiri Fort Aurangabad as a tribute to the Fort and the ruler
This was followed Jhaptaal - A pure dance section dealing with the traditional repertoire of Kathak in a time-cycle of 10 beats. This segment showcases the diverse moods within the abstract rendition through gliding movements, crisp footwork and silvery freezes.
- Apart from this following are the performance and dance composition took place at 9th Aura-Aurangabad Dance Concerts:
- Krishna Namavali - A dance composition based on the 108 names and forms of Lord Krishna.
- Tarana - A fast-paced Tarana set to raag janasammohini and teentaal brings the beautiful blend of melodic & rhythmic phrases with dance motifs.
- The performance concluded Dhrupad - A Dhrupad in drut sooltaal composed by the legendary musician Tansen portrays the refined sophistication and dignity of form & content in Kathak of the medieval period.
- · KATHAK dance presented by MAHAGAMI Artist was greatly appreciated by the audience
Aura-aurangabad was conceptualised by Parwati Dutta (Director, MAHAGAMI GURUKUL) and launched by MAHAGAMI GURUKUL in the year 2013. The dance series aims to showcase legends and legacies of Aurangabad Heritage through Indian Dance Heritage.
Source: Abhinay Deshpande, HT Campus Specialist