Applications invited by the Veterinary Council of India for the All India Pre- Veterinary Test 2014 for admission to BVSc and AH course for 2014.
The Veterinary Council of India has invited applications from eligible candidates for All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT) 2014 for filling up 15% of total number of seats in Veterinary Colleges in India for admission to 1st year of B.V.Sc & A.H. course for the year 2014-15.
Students belonging to the State of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible to appear in this test, as that State has not adopted the provisions of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 in the State of Jammu and Kashmir
Duration of Course: The duration of B.V.Sc & A.H degree course is 5 years including a compulsory rotating internship of six months.
- Nationality: Candidates should be Indian Nationals except the state of Jammu & Kashmir
- Essential Qualification: He/She has passed the Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination equivalent to 10+2
- Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study the last two years of study with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Education Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 (years) education structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education; or
- The Intermediate Science examination in Science from a recognized university/board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include a practical test in these subjects) and English
- He/she should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General Category in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at, 10+2/Intermediate Science Examination
- Provided also that to be eligible for All-India Pre-Veterinary Test the candidates must have passed the aforesaid subjects individually
- For the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/the Scheduled Tribes or other special category (Other Backward Classes) of students as specified by the Govt from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 10% less than that prescribed for General Category
- Age: He/She has attained or will attain the age of 17 years as on 31st December, 2014
- Candidates attaining 17 years on 01st January, 2015 or later will not be eligible to appear at the All India Pre-Veterinary Test
- The information bulletin and application form can be obtained by post on payment of Rs 1600/- for General/OBC category and Rs 850/- for SC/ST category (including examination fee, processing and other charges) through a demand draft drawn in favour of Veterinary Council of India-Examination Fund payable at New Delhi on any scheduled bank from the office of Controller of Examination, Veterinary Council of India, ‘A’ Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066
- Demand draft for Rs. 1600/- for General/OBC Category and Rs.850/- for SC/ST category
- Cash/Money order/Indian Postal Order/Cheque or any other form of payment will NOT be accepted
- The information bulletin and application form can also be obtained by hand from the office of the following Registrars of State Veterinary Councils on payment of Rs 1500/- for General/OBC category and Rs 750/- for SC/ST category through a demand draft drawn in favour of Veterinary Council of India Examination Fund payable at New Delhi on any scheduled bank
Date of sale of information bulletin and application form by hand/post
06th Jan 2014 to 12th Feb 2014
Last date of submission of application
18th Feb 2014, 05.00 p.m.
For applications posted from the remote areas viz., Mizoram, Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahaul and Spiti Distt and Pangi sub-division of Chamba Distt of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep, last date for submission:
05nd March, 2014
Date of exam
10th May, 2014, Saturday, 2 to 5 p.m.