Ambedkar University Admissions 2015: Cut-Offs for Four Courses Touch 100%

Nidhi Bahl updated on : 18 Mar 2016
84

Ambedkar University has released the first-cut-off list for admission to its undergraduate (UG) courses. Read more...

Ambedkar University, Cut-off

It seems Ambedkar University Delhi (AUD) is going the Delhi University way! The varsity has published the first-cut-off list for admission to Bachelor’s degree courses with cut-offs for four courses touching 100%.

For students who are from outside National Capital Territory (NCT) and have a Commerce background, the cut-off to get admission in any of these four courses — BA (Honours) with a major in English, BA (Honours) with a major in Psychology, BA (Honours) with a major in Sociology and BA (Honours) with a major in Social Sciences and Humanities –  is 100%.

The first cut-off list, for aspirants from outside the capital, has seen a jump of 2-4 percentage points this year as compared to last year’s cut-off for the courses.

While 85% seats at AUD are reserved for Delhi students, the other 15% are reserved for students from outside Delhi.

For Delhi students, the cut-off is slightly lower. For admission to BA (Honours) with a major in English, the cut-off is 97% for Commerce students, 92% for Humanities students and 96% for Science students. For admission to BA (Honours) with a major in Psychology, the cut-off is 98% for Commerce students, 93% for Humanities students and 97% for Science students.

The cut-offs for NCT students have also seen a jump of 2-5 percentage points from last year’s cut-off across courses. The highest jump is for the cut-off for BA (Honors) with a major in Social Sciences and Humanities which is 95% as against 90% last year.

The rise in cut-off is a reflection of the number of applications received, says University officials. This year, AUD has seen a jump of 65% in applications for undergraduate courses.

“We have received over nine thousand applications for the seven undergraduate courses on offer. We have 245 undergraduate seats so we have to be cautious with our cut-offs. The cut-offs have been decided based on the number of application for the seats available,” said Kuriakose Mamkoottam, dean students’ service.

Mamkoottam said the cut-off for outstation students is higher because the University has received a good number of applications with high scores from outside Delhi.

“There are many applications from outside NCT with very high score. We have lesser number of seats for outside student so we have to be cautious with the cut-off. We don’t know how many of these applicants have already taken admission in DU or elsewhere so we have played safe. A second cut-off list, if any, will give a clearer picture,” said Mamkoottam.

 

Source: hindustantimes.com

Recommended articles

Leave Your Comments Views or Questions here