Total 38 teams participated in the Moot Competition at Amity campus
Amity International 5th Moot Competition, 2015 was arranged by the Amity Law School, India for law students of various colleges, universities and institute at Amity Campus, sector 125 Noida. The moot competition was started on October 8, 2015 and ended on October 10, 2015. The competition was arranged in order to aid the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi’s Digital India campaign.
The topic of the moot competition is on the problem on political unrest in the fictional state of Redland, which took a turn for the worse when the government engaged in crimes against humanity for the sake of bringing the political situation back under control. This causes strong political dissatisfaction and an enhancement in number of protest.
From all around the world total 38 teams participated in the competition in which some of them are mentioned below:
- Dr. Ambedkar College, Dept. of Law, Nagpur
- Nepal Law Campus,Kathmandu, Nepal
- Army Institute of Law, Mohali
- Nalsar University of law,Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- NMIMS, Mumbai and Sri Lanka law College, Colombo
Moot Competition, 2015 also include farewell ceremony, which is attended by the Hon’ble Justice Rajeev Bhalla, Mr. Siddharth Luthra, Sr. Advocate,Hon’ble Justice Sanjeev Sachdeva.
On addressing the farewell ceremony Hon’ble Justice RajeevBhalla commended Amity for inculcating professional skills in students and making them profession-ready. He apprised that the moot proposition mirrors the current situation the world is facing and replay of the current enactment could happen in future if not resolved properly.
The moot competition demand high skills and efficiency and only four teams managed to reach in the semi finals out of 38 teams in which Army Institute of Law Mohali and National Law Institute University, Bhopal faced each other in the finals. But after hours of arguments and cogitation National Law Institute University, Bhopal lifted the Moot Competition, 2015 trophy at the Amity international.
Award distribution in Moot Competition - 2015
- Mr. Vikram Amrawanshi, The National Law Institute University, Bhopal bagged the award for“Best Researcher
- The award for “Best Counsel” was presented to Ms. Sneha Poddar– University School of Law & Legal Studies, GGSIPU, Delhi
- National Law University, Cuttack, Odisha won the trophy of “Best Memorial”
Source: Aarti Goyal, HT Campus Specialist