Amrita School of Dentistry: MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) 2012: Admission Notification
The Amrita School of Dentistry (affiliated to Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University) invites applications to its MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) Course for the academic session 2012 - 13.Posted by Nishatha Abraham on Jan. 23, 2012, 11:15 a.m.
The Amrita School of Dentistry (affiliated to Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University) invites applications to its MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) Course for the academic session 2012 - 13.
Admissions will be made on the basis of an All India entrance test (Amrita Entrance Examination 2012) conducted by the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University. The entrance exam will be conducted only at the Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi, Kerala on 24th March 2012.
Specialities of MDS in which seats are available:
MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) is a 3 year long course that is approved by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (University) and is in line with the directives of the Dental Council of India. The specialties available for MDS in Amrita School of Dentistry are:
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Oral Pathology & Microbiology *
- Public Health Dentistry *
*Subject to sanction from competent authorities
Eligibility Criteria to apply for MDS at Amrita School of Dentistry for 2012-13
- A candidate, who holds BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) degree from a recognized Dental college and has obtained permanent registration from any of the state Dental Council, shall be eligible to appear for this examination provided the registration certificate shall be submitted before 30th April 2012.
- Failure to produce Registration certificate as above may lead to cancellation of admission and in such an event the candidate will be responsible to pay the Institution all the losses the Institution may suffer on account of such cancellation.
- Only those candidates who have not crossed the age of 30 years as on 31st December 2012 are eligible to apply.
Important Dates for Amrita School of Dentistry's MDS Course for 2012 - 13
- Date of commencement of sale of application forms : 16 January 2012
- Last date of sale of application forms :10 March 2012
- Last date of receipt of duly completed application forms :17 March 2012
- Date of Examination : 24 March 2012 (9.30am - 12.30pm)
Prospectus and Application form will also be available from the selected branches of Dhanalakshmi Bank and Federal Bank from 16th January 2012 onwards.
1. Cost of application form : Rs. 1500/-
2. From the Office by Speed post/Courier : Rs.1570/-
3. Download from the website( www.amrita.edu) and submit along with a DD for Rs. 1500/-
4. DD to be drawn in the name of AMRITA VISHWA VIDYAPEETHAM, PAYABLE AT KOCHI.
5. Application can be downloaded or submitted ONLINE (www.amrita.edu)
Requests for applications may be sent to:
THE ADMISSION CO ORDINATOR
Office of Admissions,
Amrita Health Sciences Campus,
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre,
AIMS Ponekkara Post,
Kochi, Kerala 682 041.
Phone:0484-285 8036 / 8037 / 5651
Fax: 0484-280 2020 / 2051