American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)-Jamia Millia Islamia University is conducting an Annual tech-fest Azimuth’15 during November 6-8, 2015
American Society of Civil Engineers-Jamia Millia Islamia University (ASCE-JMI) is going to conduct the Annual Tech-fest Azimuth’15-Venturing beyond Horizon during November 6, 2015-November 8, 2015.
Azimuth is an annual tech-fest, organized by the Department of civil engineering, Jamia Millia Islamia. It has a plethora of technical events which catch the audience's eye and just to make the fest even more fun filled and to reach a wider audience, Azimuth also hosts some cultural events. Be it, singing, dancing, talent shows etc.
- JENGA: The game JENGA involves participant’s take to take turns to remove a block from a tower and balance it on top, creating a taller and increasingly unstable structure as the event progress. Registration Fee is Rs. 50 per person (1 team of 2 members).
- CITY TYCOON: This event says come and design your own city. The goal of this event is to develop urban space. Registration fee is Rs. 50 per person. Prize money is Rs. 500 for a team of 4 and Rs. 200 for a team of 2.
- THE DISCOVERER: Discover your Legacy. Each team has to explore the checkpoints with the help of the magnetic compass, with the directions available. They need to cross four checkpoints collect the clues about the allotted structure/monument and at the end of the last checkpoint, they need to unveil the clues and finally discover the structure/monument.
- Face Painting
- BRIDGE MAKING: This round is ‘Miniature Bridge Model Building’. Registration Fee is Rs. 200/team of 3-4 members.
- LAN GAMING: This event is designed for all those gamers out there looking for another opportunity to show off their unusual talent. AZUMUTH'S LAN GAMING a Competitive event with some of the best and most played games on the table. Defeat others and you are “the gaming champion.” Winner will get a prize amount of Rs.1000/- and the runner up will get a consolation prize of Rs.500/-. In case of any dispute, the decision made by the Event Coordinators shall be final. VENUE: Computer Centre, 1st floor, FET Building.
The young and dynamic team from civil engineering department working for ASCE,JMI Student Chapter is as follows:
- Mohd Ahmer Khan (President)
- Arun Sharma (General Secretary)
- Darakhshan Nayyar (General Secretary)
- Prafful Singhal (Web & Graphics Designer)
Source: Anupriya Sah, HT Campus Specialist