Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA) has extended the deadline of online choice filling for IITs and NITs. Candidates will be able to do so by noon of June 29, 2016.
Good news for students who aim for a bright career in the field of engineering. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA) has extended the deadline for online choice filling for admissions into NITs and IITs. Candidates will be able to do so until the noon on June 29, 2016. This will give students more time to think over and fill in the right choice for engineering course in any of the prestigious technological institutes of India.
So far 1.54 lakh students have registered and filled over 1.2 crore options (as per the official record on June 27, 2016) on JOSAA – The Joint Seat Allocation Authority constituted by the Ministry of HRD to regulate the seat allocations in 92 central government funded institutes that include 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST, 20 IIITs and 18 GFTIs. Once the candidates receive their JEE Main Ranks, they can reach out to the official website of JOSAA to fill up the form. JEE Main rank will however, solely decide the fate of students as to where they will get seats and above all, bagging a seat out of total 34781 seats available in 92 institutes.
Out of the total number of 1.54 lakh students, 32,220 have registered for IITs alone and filled more than 33.75 lakh choices. Earlier, JOSAA displayed the mock seat allotment list to give aspirants an idea about where they might get seats allotted in the actual list. However, the fact worth noticing here is that students might not get exactly the same seats as JOSAA mock process indicates.
Some of the important facts worth noticing about JOSAA
- Candidates who have appeared for the JEE Main 2016 are eligible to register on the JOSAA portal.
- Aspirants who have qualified in JEE Advanced 2016 can only register for all the participating institutes.
- Aspirants are free to fill in as many choices as possible and should fill them in the decreasing order of preference. Candidates need to lock their choices failing which; it will be done automatically when the time window for filling choices will close.
- JOSAA will conduct four rounds of seat allocation.
- Aspirants who have been allotted a seat required to pay the seat acceptance fee through SBI Netbanking/Echallan and get the documents verified at any of the reporting centres for provisional acceptance.
- Candidates will have the option to withdraw the seat by reporting the same at any of the reporting centres before JOSAA announces fourth round of seat allocation.
- Candidates need to fill options for ‘Float’, ‘Slide’ and ‘Freeze’ choice of academic programme.