Aura Aurangabad Season 3 Dance Concerts are being organised at SPACE Bangalore and Mahagami Gurukul Aurangabad
The 7th, 8th & 9th concert of AURA-AURANGABAD Dance concerts Season3 on November 19, 20 and 21, 2015 at 7.30 PM at Sharangadev Sadan-Mahagami Gurukul, Aurangabad. The Cultural Tourism Initiative of Mahagami Gurukul: AURA-AURANGABAD Dance series had been launched for its 3rd season on October 31, 2015 at Mahagami Gurukul.
Aura-Aurangabad was conceptualised by Parwati Dutta (Director, MAHAGAMI GURUKUL) and launched by Mahagami Gurukul in the year 2013. The dance series aims to showcase legends and legacies of Aurangabad Heritage through Indian Dance Heritage. In last 2 tourist seasons 2013-14, 2014-15; total 51 concerts offering World-class Indian Dance were successfully held that catered to the cultural quest of tourists and guests visiting the city.
The schedule of concerts is as below:
7th concert on November 19, 2015 - SPACE, Bangalore (Kathak)
8th concert on November 20, 2015 - SPACE, Bangalore (Kathak)
9th concert on November 21, 2015 - MAHAGAMI, Aurangabad (Kathak)
Presentation by Sampoorna Academy (SPACE):
- Namaami Shameshan: This composition has verses from the Rudraashtakam composed by Sri Tulsidas, which extols many qualities of Shiva. Choreographed by Guru Marami Medhi.
- Teentaal: Teentaal, a purely technical number. This piece focuses on the nuances and beauty of nritta, exploring the rhythmical compositions in 16 beats.
- Ghanghor baadal: A narrative composition based on the birth of Lord Krishna. Music & Choreography by Pandit Birju Maharaj.
- Sheshafana: This saadra is Bindadin maharaj’s composition where through the ekahaarya abhinaya the story telling aspect of Kathak is extolled. Choreography by Guru Parwati Dutta.
- Dhrupad, Shashadhara: Describing the various attributes of Lord Shiva. Choreography by Guru Parwati Dutta
- Tarana: Tarana, an enchanting piece with fast and complicated rhythmic pattern of footwork. Music by Joy Prakash Medhi. Choreography by Anjana & Shruthi Gupta.
Presentation by MAHAGAMI Artists: (Choreography: Guru Parwati Dutta)
- Surya Vandana - Invocation to the deity Sun through a musical masterpiece by Pt. Jitendra Abhisheki
- Devagiri Bilawal - A path-breaking piece that is based on reconstruction of the original composition sung by the legendary musician Gopal Nayak in 14th century at Devagiri Fort Aurangabad as a tribute to the Fort and the ruler.
- Jhaptaal - A pure dance section dealing with the traditional repertoire of Kathak in a time-cycle of 10 beats.
- Krishna Namavali - A dance composition based on the 108 names and forms of Lord Krishna
- Tarana - A fast-paced Tarana set to raag janasammohini and teentaal brings the beautiful blend of melodic & rhythmic phrases with dance motifs.
- Dhrupad - A Dhrupad in drut sooltaal composed by the legendary musician Tansen portrays the refined sophistication and dignity of form & content in Kathak of the medieval period.
Source: Abhinay Deshpande, HT Campus Specialist