The Benaras Hindu University has opened applications for admission to BDS and MBBS courses for the academic session beginning 2013. The medical entrance test conducted by BHU will allow students to take admission to MBBS, BDS, Bachelor of Pharmacy and BAMS courses.
BHU MBBS 2013
The competitive all India written exam for admission to MBBS course (84 seats) will take place in two stages: BHU-PMT-2013 SCREENING and BHU PMT-2013 MAIN.
Important Dates for BHU MBBS 2013
- BHU PMT Screening exam– May 8, 2013 (Sunday)
- BHU PMT Mains exam – June 12, 2013 (Sunday)
Exam Centres for BHU MBBS 2013
- BHU PMT Screening exam – Varanasi, New Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad
- BHU PMT Mains exam – Varanasi
Note - Candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit in the BHU-PMT-2013 SCREENING only for BDS/BAMS/B. Pharm. courses, subject to approval by Dental Council of India (DCI) for BDS.
BHU BDS/ BAMS/ Bachelor of Pharmacy 2013
The competitive all India written exam for admission to BDS (38 seats), BAMS (78 seats) and B. Pharm. (33 seats) courses will take place in one stage: BHU-PMT-2013 Screening.
Eligibility Criteria for admission to MMBS, BDS and BAMS courses in BHU
Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology + Botany) taken together
Minimum 50% marks for General and 45% for General-PC candidates and 40% marks for OBC*/SC/ST and respective PC candidates
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharmacy (B. Pharm) courses in BHU 2013
- Atleast 17 years of age, but not more than 25 years, as on December 31, 2013
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology + Botany) taken together
- Minimum 60% marks for General / OBC and respective PC candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST and respective PC candidates.
- Candidates appearing in qualifying examination may also apply
Application Forms for BHU PMT 2013 can be obtained from Bank of Baroda in the following localities:
- Varanasi - (i) BHU Branch, S.S. Hospital, (ii) Ram Katora Branch (iii) Orderly Bazar Branch
- New Delhi – (i) Parliament Street Branch, (ii) Nehru Place Branch, (iii) Chowk Shakti Nagar Branch
- Kolkata – College Street Branch
- Lucknow – Charbagh Branch
- Hyderabad – Main Branch, ABIDS Circle
- Jaipur – DCM Branch
- Bhopal – TT Nagar Branch
- Patna – Sri Krishnapuri
- Mumbai – Shivaji Park
- Chennai – Mount Road
- Bhubaneshwar – Main Branch (Bapuji Nagar)
Application forms for BHU PMT 2013 can also be obtained via post from:
Office of the Director (PMT-Cell),
Institute of Medical Sciences,
Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi-221 005 (UP)
by sending a written request through Registered Post along with Crossed Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque (MICR only) of Rs. 1300/- for general/OBC candidates and Rs. 900 for SC/ST candidates of a Nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of “The Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU” payable at Varanasi.
Application form will be sent by Speed / Registered Post. The request for application form must include the name and address of the candidate, and full particulars of the enclosed DD/BC (write candidate’s name and address on the back of DD). Two self-addressed, preferably typed, white paper slips of 10 cm ´ 6 cm size must also accompany it. The requisition for PMT Application Form should be super scribed “Request for Application Form for PMT-2013, BHU”.