Birla Institute of Technology MCA Entrance Test (BIT Mesra MCA) 2012 is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra for admission to MCA programme.
Birla Institute of Technology MCA Entrance Test (BIT Mesra MCA) 2012 is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra for students seeking admission to three years full time Master’s in Computer Application (MCA) programme at Mesra and other centres for BITS at Allahabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lalpur and Noida.
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra is a prominent autonomous engineering and technology institute with high quality education and reputed faculties. The institute is engaged in nurturing minds through a rich heritage of academic excellence.
Eligibility for BIT Mesra MCA 2012
- You must have scored minimum 60% (45% for SC/ST) marks in average of all subjects in Class X.
- You must have secured minimum 60% (45% for SC/ST) marks (average of 4 core subjects) in Class XII or equivalent qualifying examination. The percentage of marks should be computed as average of English, Mathematics (excluding Business Mathematics) and best 2 other core subjects.
- You must have a three years Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized University .
- You must have one of following qualifications:
1. Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
2. B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics
3. B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level
- You must have minimum 60% (45% for SC/ST) marks in average in B.Sc. Honours.
- You must have minimum 60% (45% for SC/ST) marks in average in BCA and other graduate courses.
- You are eligible to apply for BIT Mesra MCA 2012, if you are appearing in final year exam of Bachelor’s degree.
- You are eligible to apply for BIT Mesra MCA 2012, if you have acquired bachelor’s degree through distance learning or correspondence recognized by the DEC-IGNOU or you have scored minimum 60% marks in average (45% for SC/ST) in the qualifying examination.
Application Procedure for BIT Mesra MCA 2012
- You can apply to BIT Mesra MCA 2012 by filling an online application form on official website of Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (http://www.bitmesra.ac.in).
- You can download the Bank Challan Form (SBI/ICICI) from official website of Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (http://www.bitmesra.ac.in) to deposit the application fee for Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1200/- for SC/ST) in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” in a SBI / ICICI bank and enter the Challan number.
- You can take the printout of your duly filled BIT Mesra MCA 2012 application form and send it one pasted on the form and one attached by clip to the form), photocopies of all mark sheets and certificates and institute copy of Challan slip issued by the Bank (SBI/ICICI) in A4 size envelope through Speed Post or Courier to
The Office of Dean,
Admission & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Ranchi – 835215,
- You should write “Application for MCA 2012” on top of the BIT Mesra MCA 2012 application form envelope.
Test Centres for BIT Mesra MCA 2012
BIT Mesra MCA 2012 will be conducted at Allahabad, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Patna, Noida, and Ranchi.
Important Dates for BIT Mesra MCA 2012
Date of commencement of filling of online forms
1st March, 2012
Date of closing of filling online forms
10th April, 2012
Last date for receipt of printouts of duly
16th April, 2012
Date of Online Entrance Test for MCA 2012
19th & 20th May, 2012
Date for display of counselling
1st June, 2012
Tentative dates of counselling
13th to 14th June, 2012
Date of Admission
15th June, 2012 onwards
Commencement of session
16th July, 2012
BIT Mesra MCA 2012: Exam Pattern & Syllabus