The workshop aimed at enhance awareness of the challenges and barriers on waste, water and energy management in rural areas!
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani conducted a workshop on Innovations in Waste, Water and Energy Technologies for Rural Development on July 13 & 14, 2015.
The workshop was conducted mainly for Faculty members/ researchers of colleges and universities from all branches of science and technology/ engineering, who are involved either in teaching or research in waste, water and energy technologies and/ or in rural development.
Objectives of the workshop
- Enhanced awareness of the challenges and barriers on waste, water and energy management in rural areas.
- Importance of interdisciplinary research at colleges and universities to provide technological solutions for waste, water and energy problems faced by rural India.
- Significance of bridging the gap between academia and industry for rural development.
Various sub-themes of the workshop are (but not limited to):
- Municipal solid waste management
- Drinking water management
- Decentralized waste water treatment systems
- New and renewable energy sources
For more information visit http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/uploads/A.Hyd%202014-15/Workshops/WWEWorkshopBro2.pdf
Source: Aayush Agarwal, HTCampus Specialist
Also on HTCampus.com
Like us on