Want to become an HR manager? Don’t know the career options and prospects after MBA in HR? Let’s find out!
Human Resources Management is a process of recruiting, training, orienting and appraising employees of an organisation. An HR manager deals with the organisational structure, morals, motivations and overall employee engagement. An HR manager is responsible for conducting interviews, selecting candidates, helping managers to train them, scheduling meetings, preparing salaries and incentives etc. If you are a people person and good at interacting with others, a career in MBA HR can be very fruitful for you.
Job Responsibilities of an HR Manager
An HR Manager has to handle all aspects pertaining to human resources in the company. These include recruiting, training, team building, performance updates, employee policy, salary, benefits and increments, employee health and safety as well as staff amenities. The manager is also responsible for mobilizing the workforce towards the company’s accomplishment plans and objectives, by creating a work environment in which people will be motivated, contributing, and happy. His/her role varies as per the organization. In a small company, s/he is required to handle all human resources issues, while in a large organization with an HR department; the manager is allocated only certain responsibilities.
Skills Required to Become an HR Professional
- Ability to understand human relations
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to mould your style of operation as per staff needs
- Strategic planning through people development
- Understanding of different cultures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take a hard call, to create a win-win situation for the organisation and staff
Career Prospects after MBA in HR
- HR Executive
- Personnel Manager
- HR Manager
- Public Relations (PR) Manager
- HR Consultant
- Recruitment Consultant
- IT Recruiter
Salary of an HR Manager
Though, the salary criteria depend on the organizations, work experience, company location, academic background of the individuals, we have segregated the expected salary of an HR manager on the basis of our research.
- Entry Level Salary: HR professionals from premier institutes may earn between Rs 5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh a year.
- Middle Level Salary: After gaining some years’ experience, the HR professionals may earn between Rs 15 lakh to Rs 25 lakh a year.
- Senior Level Salary: Senior professionals may earn Rs 30 lakh and above.