CAT 2016 result has been announced. Candidates can check their results by following the simple instructions mentioned here.
CAT 2016 results were eagerly awaited and to the delight of students, IIM Bangalore, the official CAT exam conducting body this year, has announced the result. This year, a total number of 232,434 candidates registered for the CAT 2016 exam out of which approximately 1.95 lakh candidates took the exam on December 4, 2016. The exam was successfully completed in two shifts on the same day.
Check details on CAT 2017
Those who have appeared for the exam can follow the simple steps mentioned hereunder to check their results.
Candidates need to visit the official website of CAT 2016 by copy and pasting the link provided here in the browser. https://iimcat.ac.in/
- Click on the ‘Score Card’ tab on the link provided above
- Enter the CAT 2016 username and password that you created at the time of CAT 2016 registration.
- Click on the ‘Login’ Button finally
- Then candidates need to click on the ‘Score Card’ and download CAT 2016 Result/Scorecard.
- Download the scorecard, save it for future reference and take the sufficient number of printouts for further admission process and future reference
CAT 2016 result card will include the important information like the name of the candidate, category, DOB, Date & time of exam, percentile and Scaled score of Section 1 (VARC). Besides this, the CAT result card will also include the percentile and scaled score of Section 2 (DI & LR) and 3 (QA). The CAT result card will also include overall percentile and overall scaled score.
Once the CAT 2016 result is announced, the list of shortlisted candidates is expected to be announced on the fourth week of January 2017. After the CAT cut-off list is announced, IIMs will send interview letters based on the cut-off directly. IIMs may consider the CAT overall score, sectional cut-off, overall percentile score, candidate’s academic record and work profile and work experience. Candidates have to appear for the Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds as is required by IIMs.