CBSE CTET to Hold Examination for Teachers Recruitment on 18th November 2012
CBSE will be holding the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) for the recruitment of teachers on 18th November 2012Posted by alka singh on Aug. 10, 2012, 10:46 a.m.
About CBSE CTET November 2012:
Central Teacher Eligibility Test is held to recruit teachers for Schools of the Central Government which include Kendriya Vidyalayas, Navodaya Vidyala Samiti, Tibetan Schools and Schools under administrative control of UT of Chandigarh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The test also allow aspirants teacher to get recruited to unaided private schools who may exercise the option of considering CTET. Schools owned and managed by the State Government/Local Bodies and aided schools shall consider the TET but they may also consider CTET if a State does not hold TET.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting CTET to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The examination will be held in the month of November for which the CBSE has opened the acceptance of application from 1st August 2012.
Aspirants can apply for following post:
- Teacher (for classes I to V): Primary Stage
- Teacher (for classes VI to VIII): Elementary Stage
- Teacher (for both categories)
Eligibility Criteria for CTET November 2012:
Educational qualification for Primary Stage (for Classes I-V):
- Aspirants need to complete their senior secondary (or its equivalent) with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Aspirants should complete their senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and cleared or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
- Candidates with a minimum aggregate of 50% at senior secondary level (or its equivalent) and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) can also apply for CTET.
- Candidates passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) and completing senior secondary education (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education.
Educational qualification for Elementary Stage (for Classes VI-VIII):
- A candidate with graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education is eligible for CTET.
- An aspirant passed or pursuing 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) with graduation with at least 50% marks.
- A candidate needs to complete graduation with at least 45% marks and should be passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Candidate with a minimum aggregate of 50% at senior secondary (or its equivalent) and passed or pursuing final year of 4-year BA/ BSc.Ed or BA. Ed/BSc.Ed is also eligible.
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
Application procedure for CTET 2012:
- Candidates need to apply online by visiting the official website of CTET or CBSE.
- After filling the online form duly, candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated application form/confirmation page.
- The candidates need to affix a passport size photograph and sign in the space provided for signature in the form.
- After the signature and affixing of the photograph, candidate needs to send the form in an envelope of size 12”x9” with “APPLICATION FOR CTET-NOV 2012” super scribed in bold letters by registered or speed post to the CBSE office before the last date.
- Candidates applying for CTET November 2012 are required to pay application fee of Rs 250 (reserved category) and Rs 500 (general and OBC).
- Candidates applying for both the papers are required to pay a fee of Rs 800 (General category candidates) and Rs 400 (reserved category candidates).
- The fee needs to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi drawn on any Nationalised bank payable at Delhi.
- Candidates also need to write their registration number, name, address and mobile/telephone number on the back of DD.
Examination pattern for CTET November 2012:
Paper I of CTET will be conducted for the candidates applying for classes I to V while Paper II will be held for candidates applying for classes VI to VIII. A candidate applying for both levels needs to appear for both the papers.
The format of the test for both the papers is given below:
Child Development and Pedagogy
Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory)
Language I (compulsory)
Language II (compulsory)
(a) For Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics and Science
(b) For Social Studies/Social Science teacher: Social Science
(c) For any other teacher – either (a) or (b)
The CTET examination will be of objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ’s). There will be no negative marking.
Important Dates for CTET November 2012:
- Opening date for online registration: 1st August 2012
- Closing date for online registration: 31st August 2012
- Last date for receipt of application form in CBSE: 7th September 2012
- Last date for receipt of application form in CBSE (candidates from remote areas): 14th September 2012
- Date of Written Test: 18th November 2012
The Assistant Secretary (CTET),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
A-1, Swasthya Vihar, Vikas Marg (Opp. Metro Pillar-76),
New Delhi-110 092
For more information on CTET November 2012 you can visit the official website of CTET or CBSE.