CBSE plans to introduce an Udaan scheme in order to increase the ratio of girls in leading engineering colleges like IITs and NITs. Read further to know more.
In a bid to increase the enrolment of girls in the premier engineering institutions like IITs and NITs, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has introduced a new Udaan scheme, which will provide free coaching online and scholarships to underprivileged girls.
The initiative has urged many parents to utilise this scheme and gain the benefits for their girls.
What is the Udaan Scheme?
- The Udaan scheme is an initiative introduced by CBSE to promote awareness regarding the engineering colleges.
- Udaan will promote girl students to get admissions in leading engineering institutes like IITs, NITs successfully.
- Under the Udaan scheme, CBSE will provide online coaching facilities and training at zonal levels under the guidance of IIT experts.
- Girl students from class 9 to class 12 will be given coaching in Science and Mathematics.
- Udaan will also provide scholarships to 1000 underprivileged girls annually.The major objective of Udaan is to increase enrolment of girl students in top engineering institutes and help them acquire leadership quality.
As per the reports, out of the total number of students taking admissions in IITs, only 27% are girls. With close to 5000 girls applying for the Udaan scheme in Kerala, the response towards the scheme is already positive and this will help increase the enrolment ratio of girls to increase in these top engineering institutes.