For the ones who dream to stand for their nation and be the soldier of honour, here’s your chance to join the stalwarts and be a member of Central Police Force…
About Central Police Forces Assistant Commandant Examination:
Central Police Forces Assistant Commandant Examination or CPF AC examination is a common examination conducted Union Public Service Commission at national level for recruitment of Assistant commandant in Central Police Force (CPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Shashtra Seema Bal (SSB).
Though male candidates are eligible to apply for any services female candidates can only apply for CRPF, CISF and SSB. UPSC hires an approx of 497 commandants in all the forces mentioned above.
To carry those stars on your shoulders one need to go through rigorous tests and need to pass various standards which are mentioned below:
- A candidate needs to have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of their degree exam are also allowed to appear in exam provisionally.
- The age limit to apply for CPF AC is 20-25 years as on August 1, 2012.
- The limit is relaxed up to five years for SC/ST candidates, central govt servants, ex-servicemen and for persons domiciled in Jammu and Kashmir during January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989.
- Three years of relaxation is provided to other backward classes who are eligible for reservation in the same category.
A person who is not a citizen of India is exempted from applying for CPF AC except with the consent of central government signified in writing.
To apply for CPF AC, a male candidate needs to have a minimum height of 165 cms with a chest of 81 cms (with 5 cms expansion) and a minimum weight of 50 kgs. A female candidate is required to have a minimum height of 157 cms while the minimum weight depends on the height, a candidate should not be less than 46 kgs.
Standards for Eyesight:
To become a CPF AC one needs to possess apt eyesight as required:
6/6 or 6/9
6/12 or 6/9
Type of Corrections Permitted
Limits of Refractive Errors Permitted
4.00 D (including cylinder) non pathological myopia
+4.00 D (including cylinder) hypermetropia
Other fitness criteria:
- A candidate should not have knock-knees, flat foot, varicose veins or squint in eyes.
- Possession of high colour vision is a must for a candidate.
- A candidate should have good physical and mental health.
The applicants can apply both through online and offline mode.
- Candidates can apply online by using the official website of UPSC.
- They need to pay an application fee of Rs 100 by remitting any branch of SBI by cash or through net banking.
- Female and SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the fees.
- A candidate can purchase the common application form from any post office for Rs 200.
- After filling the form, a candidate needs to send the form to the ‘Controller of Examinations, UPSC, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-1100069 by post or speed post.
The examination for the selection for Assistant Commandants consist two written papers followed by a physical test and interview.
The written examination contains objective type, multiple choice and only in English from following given subjects:
Number of questions
General Ability and Intelligence
Essay precise writing and comprehension
A candidate needs to qualify in both the papers separately. Paper 1 will be evaluated first while the evaluation of Paper 2 will only be done only for those candidates who will obtain minimum qualifying marks in Paper 1.
Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standard Test:
100 mts race
800 mts race
3 min and 45 sec
4 min and 45 sec
Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)
- Candidates who have cleared medical standard will be eligible for interview/personality test.
- Few medically unfit candidates will be eligible to appear before Review Medical Board on their appeal by Appellate Authority will also be called for interview/personality test. The interview will carry 150 marks.
- Shortlisted candidates need to fill in their preference of forces in the Detailed Application Form (DAF).
- The final merit will be drawn on the basis of written examination.
- UPSC will issue a notification for the submission of application on July 28, 2012.
- The last date of submission of the application form is August 28, 2012.
- The examination will be held on November 11, 2012.
The dates are subjected to change as according to the guidelines issued by UPSC. Any further change will be informed by the HT Campus team.
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069
Phone Number : (11) 23098591 23385271
Get into Indian Army after School: UPSC NDA & NA Exam (II) 2012 on 19 Aug
How to Apply for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2012: UPSC