The exam is being conducted for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for classes I to VIII
The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi on 28th July, 2013 (Sunday). The exam is being carried out for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for classes I to VIII. Candidates can apply only online for CTET-July 2013 on CBSE/CTET website.
- The CTET shall apply to schools of the Central Government (KVS, NVS, Tibetan Schools, etc) and schools under the administrative control of UT of Chandigarh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli and NCT of Delhi.
- CTET may also apply to the unaided private schools, who may exercise the option of considering the CTET.
- Schools owned and managed by the State Government/local bodies and aided schools shall consider the TET conducted by the State Government. However, a State Government can also consider the CTET if it decides not to conduct the State TET.
Qualifying the CTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment.
Pattern of Examination
The CTET examination will be of objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ’s). There will be no negative marking. There will be 2 papers of CTET.
(i) Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V.
(ii) Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII.
Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
Fees for CTET July 2013 Examination
Paper – I or Paper – II
Paper – I & II
Online Application has to be submitted by accessing the following websites www.cbse.nic.in or www.ctet.nic.in. The candidate should supply all the details while filling up the ‘On-line’ Application. Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated Confirmation Page after successful submission of data, which has to be sent to CBSE, CTET Unit, after affixing a passport size photograph and signature in the space provided, and also with the original CBSE copy of Challan if fees paid through Challan.
The fee can be remitted in the following ways:
- Through Challan by deposit of prescribed fees in CBSE Account with Syndicate Bank or e-Post Office in favour of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.
- By Debit/Credit Card.
Before submission of application form, make the following preparations:
- Decide the mode of payment of fee,
- Through Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility, or
- Depositing in CBSE Bank Account with Syndicate Bank or Depositing in CBSE
Account with Post Office directly by downloading the Challan Form from the website of www.cbse.nic.in or www.ctet.nic.in
a) If decided to pay fee through Debit/Credit Card, check the validity of the Card and keep it ready with you while logging on to website for submitting application form.
b) If decided to pay fee off-line mode, choose the Bank or e-Post Office for depositing the Fee through Challan/Deposit Slip downloaded from website www.cbse.nic.in or www.ctet.nic.in after completing Part-I of Registration.
c) After Depositing Fee in the Bank/e-Post Office, the Deposit Slip bearing Application Registration Number, Name and Address of the Bank Branch with Branch Code/Post Office with Pin Code where fee is deposited and transaction ID number be kept ready with you while logging on to website for final submission of Part-II of the Application Form.
The Application Form/Confirmation Page (also original CBSE copy of Challan, if fees paid through Bank/Post Office Challan) duly completed in all respect, should be sent to CBSE, CTET Unit, after affixing a passport size photograph and signature in the space provided, in an envelope of size 12”x9” superscribed in bold letters “APPLICATION FOR CTET-JULY 2013” by Registered/Speed Post so as to reach positively by 22.04.2013 in the CBSE office on the following address mentioned on the Computer generated Address
THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY(CTET)
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION,
PS 1-2, INSTITUTIONAL AREA, I P EXTENSION
PATPARGANJ, DELHI - 110092
Schedule of Examination
Date of Examination
10.30 to 12.00 Hours
13.30 to 15.00 Hours
Submission of Online Application
15.03.2013 to 16.04.2013
Last Date for Online Sumission of Application
Last Date for receipt of Confirmation Page in CBSE, CTET Unit
Validity Period of CTET Certificate
1. The Validity Period of CTET qualifying certificate for appointment will be seven years from the date of declaration of its result for all categories.
2. There is no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a CTET Certificate. A person who has qualified CTET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
3. A candidate can get a duplicate copy of Marks Statement or Eligibility Certificate by paying the following fees by way of Demand Draft in favour of “Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education” drawn on any nationalized bank and payable at Delhi.
Source: Official website of CBSE