Candidates can find the complete details of exam pattern and syllabus of Civil Services Preliminary exam to be conducted on 7th August 2016.
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2016 will commence on 7th August 2016 and the last date for the receipt of application is 27th May 2016. To find out all the details related to the exam pattern and syllabus, continue reading further.
The Civil Services 2016 exam will be split into two papers of two hours each. Both the papers will contain objective type questions. The question papers are set in both Hindi and English languages. The preliminary exam is held to screen the candidates and the ones who qualify have to appear for the Civil Services Main exam.
Candidate must note that each correct answer is rewarded with one mark and for every wrong answer, one-third of a mark is deducted. The total number of questions is 400, 200 questions per paper and the total marks are 400.
The details of syllabus for Paper-1 are as follows:-
- Current Affairs
- Indian History and Indian National Movement
- General Science
- Indian Politics and Governance -Political System, Public Policy Rights Issues, Panchayati Raj, Constitution etc.
- Indian and World Geography - Economic, Social, Physical Geography of India and the World
- Economic and Social Development - Social Sector initiatives, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Sustainable Development etc
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
The details of the syllabus for Paper-2 are as follows:-
- Interpersonal skills and Communication skills
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- General Mental Ability
- Basic Mathematics
The in-depth details of the syllabus for the Civil Services Main Exam 2016 can be viewed in the PDF attached. For More Details and updates, you can log on to HTCampus.com.