Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance exam for admission to LLB and LLM Courses. CLAT 2015 is being conducted by Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur.
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU) is a Residential University and is sixth in the series of National Law Colleges in India. The university is recognized by the Bar Council of India under section 7 of the Advocates Act.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India law entrance examination conducted on a rotation basis by 14 National Law Schools or Universities for admission to their undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in law (LL.B & LL.M). CLAT 2015 is scheduled to take place on May 10, 2015 (Monday) from 03:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m by HNLU.
Colleges Participating in CLAT 2015
- There are 14 National Law Schools and Universities participating in CLAT 2015
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Orissa (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
Eligibility for CLAT 2015
Eligibility criteria for admission to undergraduate (LLB) and postgraduate (LLM) programme through CLAT 2013 are:
Eligibility for Undergraduate Courses (LLB)
- You should have completed 10+2 or its equivalent qualification from a recognised Board with 50% marks in aggregate in General category and 45% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST/OBC and PWD.
- You should not be more than 20 years of age in case of General and OBC candidates and 22 years of age in case of SC/ST and persons with Disability as on 1st July 2012.
- You can apply for CLAT 2012 if you have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are waiting for results.
- You must have passed the qualifying exam at the time of admission to LLB through CLAT 2012.
Eligibility for Postgraduate Courses (LLM)
- You should have an LL.B/B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with 55% marks in aggregate in General category and 50% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST /OBC and persons with Disability.
- You can apply for CLAT 2015 if you have appeared for qualifying degree examination and are waiting for results.
- You must have passed the qualifying exam at the time of admission to LLM through CLAT 2012.
Application Procedure for CLAT 2015
- You can download/ apply online for CLAT 2015 from the official website of CLAT (www.clat.ac.in).
- You can get CLAT 2015 application form and information brochure from designated branches of the State Bank of India (SBI) by paying Rs. 3000/- for general category and Rs. 2500/- for SC/ST/PWD.
- You can also get CLAT 2015 application form and information brochure from National Law Universities accepting CLAT score.
- You can send a request for application form with a demand draft of Rs.3000/- general category and Rs. 2500/- for SC/ST/PWD drawn in favour of the National Law University, Jodhpur CLAT A/C and payable at Jodhpur (Rajasthan) to
The Convener, CLAT-2015,
Hidayatullah National Law University,
Post – Uparwara, Abhanpur, New Raipur
**The payment made for application form includes test fee and bank charges.
**As the Hidayatullah National Law University is located 30 kms away from the main city of Raipur and the courier services are not up to the mark, the candidates are advised not to send their applications through courier.
Test Centres for CLAT 2015
- New Delhi
Important Dates for CLAT 2015
Sale of Application Form for CLAT 2015: January 1, 2015
Date of CLAT Exam 2015: May 10, 2015