A training session to highlight importance of Group Discussion was conducted for the students
Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata, organized a training session on 26th August 2015 to make the students aware of the importance of communication as a medium of success with a focus on group discussion activities.
Professor Dilip Shah welcomed the eminent guests which included Ms. Mona Sengupta. She explained the importance and strategies to be able to crack group discussions successfully.
It was an interactive session as an activity was conducted where students were divided into three groups with a designated topic for each that included:
- Can women be better managers than men?
- Hard work or Smart work?
- Wisdom does not come with age
Best speakers from each group were awarded thereafter.
Overall the training session clearly brought out the importance of group discussion such as:
- It helps you to understand a subject more deeply
- It improves your ability to think critically
- It helps in solving a particular problem
- It gives you the chance to hear other students’ ideas
- It improves your listening skills
- It increases your confidence in speaking
- It can change your attitudes
- It helps in understanding a person’s interpersonal skills
- It helps in identifying if a candidate has the ability to work in a team
The session familiarized the students with the real world demands and what is needed to fulfill the demands of real world.
Source: Shriya Aggarwal, HT Campus Specialist