CSIR UGC NET 2013 to be held on 23rd June 2013
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grant Commission (UGC) are holding National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship. Read on to know more…Posted by alka singh on Feb. 2, 2013, 2:43 p.m.
About CSIR UGC NET:
The National Eligibility Test or NET is a national level entrance examination for postgraduate aspirants who seek to qualify in PhD research and also for the candidates who wish to pursue teaching jobs at Universities in India. The test for Arts and Humanities discipline is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) while for the Science and Engineering disciplines it is conducted by CSIR and UGC jointly.
Important dates for CSIR UGC NET 2013:
Start of sale of information bulletin
5th February 2013
Date of close of sale of information bulletin by post only
25th February 2013
Last date for the sale of information bulletin through cash at all branches/stations
1st March 2013
Start of online submission of application forms
5th February 2013
Last date for submitting online fee
1st March 2013
Last date for online submission
2nd March 2013
Last date of receipt of application form (including hard copy of online form)
7th March 2013
Last date of receipt of application forms from remote areas
13th March 2013
Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website
13th May 2013
Start of dispatch of admission certificate
Last week of May 2013
Date of single MCQ examination
23rd June 2013
Subjects in which the CSIR UGC NET 2013 will be held:
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
Eligibility criteria for CSIR UGC NET 2012:
- The subjects of CSIR UGC NET 2012 are Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences. A candidate needs to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for the test.
- All the candidates should have a degree under the subjects mentioned above.
- Candidates with BS-4years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/MSc or equivalent degree with a minimum aggregate of 55% for general and OBC and 50% for SC/ST, physically/visually handicapped.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having 10+2+3 years of qualification can also apply for the Test under RA (Result Awaited) in subjects mentioned above.
- Candidates appearing under RA category need to submit the attestation format (given at the reverse of the application form) certified by the Head of the Deptt./Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp (with address and name) from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared in the final year(Last Semester where Semester system is there) M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination.
- These candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally. They shall only be considered eligible for JRF-(NET)/LS-(NET), if they are able to produce the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination in the relevant or related subject with the requisite percentage of marks within two years.
- The age limit to appear for JRF is 19 years to 28 years as on 1st January 2013. The upper limit is relaxed up to five years for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), physically/visually handicapped and female candidates.
- There is no upper age limit for LS.
- PhD degree holders who had passed Master’s degree before 19th September 1991 is 50% can only apply for lectureship.
Click here to know the application procedure
Click here for exam pattern
Click here for model test paper
Click here for CSIR UGC NET June 2012 question papers
Click here for detailed syllabus