‘Young Chef of Punjab’ competition is for school students under 20 years old.
CT Group of Institutions will host the ‘Young Chef of Punjab’ competition. the dates will be announced soon.
The competition is aimed at recognizing your ability to plan, prepare and present a menu based on your knowledge of local produce grown.
Young Chef of Punjab-2016 is a culinary competition which is organized by the CT Institute of Hotel Management, Jalandhar at major cities of Punjab. The motive behind to organise this to promote cooking as a life skill and stimulating an interest in cooking among the students. It will aim the budding talent at the high school level. Students with a flair for cooking are eligible to take part in the event. The finalists are eligible for participating in ‘Chef of Punjab-2016’ directly
‘Young Chef of Punjab’ Rules:
- The competition is open to all school students who will be under 20 years as on October 1, 2015.
- All participants must prepare any dish at their homes and send the picture of the dish prepared along with the recipe.
- All contestants will be given 20 days to send a picture of their prepared dish along with the recipe.
- Shortlisted candidates should bring all necessary food ingredients with them. Prior preparation is not allowed as candidates will be judged on basis of their marks obtained in the competition
- All entries are presumed to be the work of the competitor and the judges expect professional honesty at all stages of the competition.
- All fixed equipment will be supplied by the institute. You are required to bring your own knives, trays and bowls. Crockery will be available, however, it is strongly recommended that you bring your own so that you can achieve the overall presentation you desire.
- A maximum of 2.5 hours will be allowed for cooking at the final, although unpacking and setting up time will be given beforehand.
- You should be properly attired and dressed in chef whites when attending the competition.
- Judging of the final will incorporate hygiene and preparation methods as well as cooking and presentation skills, therefore as much of the preparation and cooking as possible should be done on the day.
- You should prepare and present 2 portions of each dish – one for presentation and one for tasting. The consistency of presentation is expected.
- Dishes for taste to be presented in menu sequence. These times will be advised on the day.
- Prizes are as stated. There will be no cash alternative.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Essential cuisine reserves the right to publish all recipes.
Also on HTCampus.com
Like us on