BJMC refers to the Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication course, which isavailable at Delhi University (DU). It is a highly popular course among students who want to seek admission in the undergraduate-level programmes at DU. Candidates who feel they can beat the high DU Cut-off for BJMC can submit their applications towards admission in this 3-year programme, started May 22, 2017. Those candidates who are not sure of the selection process for the BJMC course can check all the relevant details below.
What is a Cut-off 2017?
When we talk about the Delhi University Cut-off for BJMC, it refers to the minimum marks required to be eligible for admission in this course. Six top colleges under DU have their own Cut-off criteria for offering admissions into BJMC courses. The university sets the DU Cut-off for BJMC after considering many factors, such as the total number of seats available at different colleges and the 12th standard marks obtained by the applicants.
While the university used to take an entrance exam before the year 2013 to admit candidates in the BJMC programme, it changed to the merit-based system later. Now, you can directly apply for the admission based on your performance in class 12. If you meet the Delhi University Cut-off for BJMC, then you can be eligible to seek admission in your desired college.
How to Get Admission in BJMC Under the DU Cut-off System 2017?
Given below is the stepwise procedure to go ahead with the admission process for BJMC:
· Candidates can register online on the University website to fill their application forms.
· They should fill in the required detailsand pay the requisite registration fee before submitting their applications. It is important to be clear and correct with the details, as there is no option of editing the application form after it is submitted.
· Based on the evaluation of all applications, the university decides the course Cut-off. The Delhi University Cut-off for BJMC will be announced within a few weeks of the closing of applications.
· Candidates meeting the Delhi University Cut-off for BJMC in specific colleges can seek admission per their preferences. The colleges will verify all the required documents during the admission procedure.
Who Can Apply for BJMC?
· Candidates who have passed the class 12th exam of CBSE or any other equivalent exam can apply for the BJMC course.
· Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam. This criterion may differ for candidates from different categories, such as SC, ST or PwD.
· While the above are mandatory criteria, anyeligible student who is passionate about making a career in the journalism and media industry canapply for this highly demanded programme at DU. They can get admission easily if they meet the Delhi University Cut-off for BJMC.
How to Know the 2017 Cut-offs for BJMC 2017?
While you may be able to know the Delhi University Cut-off for BJMC for 2017 after the university evaluates all applications and makes its announcement, you can meanwhile review the previous year Cut-offs to gain an idea of your possibility of securing admission in this course. The university may declare multiple Cut-off lists for the course.