A brief description of the 2017-18 admission process of Under Graduate courses in the Delhi University. The candidates can read further and explore.
Delhi University UG Admission 2017:
The admission to various colleges/institutes in Delhi University is based on the merit list except for a few courses. All the candidates seeking admission to the Undergraduate (UG) Courses, based on merit in different colleges of the University of Delhi (DU) should register online on UG admission portal. There is no entrance exam for the merit-based admission in DU.
Candidates who want to check their expected college for admission in Delhi University 2017 can use DU College predictor 2017.
The candidates who have qualified 10+2 (12th examination) or an equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% of marks are eligible to apply.
Registration fee for UR/OBC: INR 100
Registration fee for SC/ST/PwD: INR 50
Registration fee for Sports/ECA: INR 100 *(Additional)
*Registration fee is not refundable.
*Candidates can fill as many course choices as they want. There will be no extra fee
● All candidates should register online in order to appear for the entrance examination
● Visit 'www.du.ac.in' and click on the “Register Here” button under the “New User?” option on the website. The process of registration will begin.
● Enter a valid email ID and the password of a maximum of 6 characters (It is not mandatory that you have to give your email ID’s password. You can give a password of your choice as well)
● Next, enter a valid mobile phone number (10 digit number without any prefix)
● Fill your details (given in the certificates) in the respective columns to complete the registration procedure.
● Before submitting, verify all the details in order to remove complications during the process of admission. No changes or modifications can be done after the submission of application form.
● After successfully completing this procedure, a verification email will be sent to the given email ID with a confirmation link. The candidate has to click to confirm the registration.
● Visit ' www.du.ac.in' and log in with the registered email ID and password to continue filling the application form. The same ID and password should be used every time you log in.
● Fill up the postal address details
● Once all the above-mentioned files are uploaded, the candidate can ‘Proceed’ and ‘Submit’ the form.
● After successfully submitting the form, a preview of the application including the details furnished by the candidate will be shown. Candidates can check for discrepancies, if any, and submit the profile.
● Next, the candidate should select and apply for their desired courses by clicking the ‘Apply in New Course’ button on the form.
● Choose the course from the options that you want to pursue.
● Choose the preferable city where you want to appear for the entrance examination from the list.
● Enter details of educational qualification.
● Click ‘Save Application’ and proceed to check the details on the application form.
● Now, three options will appear at the bottom of the page i.e. 'Click to Modify Application', 'Pay Fee' & 'My Home'.
● After providing all the details, the candidate can proceed to pay the fee for the entrance examination. You can choose any one of the payment gateways to make the payment.
*Registration and submission of the form will be valid only after the payment.
* In order to apply for more than one course, a candidate has to fill separate forms and pay registration fees for each course with the same login ID and password.
Documents needed for uploading:
● Passport size Photograph of the applicant (maximum size:50kb, Formats: JPG/JPEG/PNG)
● Scanned Signature of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb, Formats: JPG/JPEG/PNG)
● Self-attested copy of Identity Proof of the applicant (maximum size: 50kb, Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG). It can be any one of the following documents: Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter’s Identity Card, Passport, College Identity Card.
● Self attested copy of Class 10th Certificate (maximum size: 100 kb, Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF).
● Self-attested copy of Caste Certificate, if applicable (maximum size: 100 kb, Formats: JPG/ JPEG/ PNG/ PDF).
*Foreign nationals should visit ‘http://fsr.du.ac.in’ for the admission process
Starting Date for Online Registration
June 1, 2017
Closing Date for Online Registration
June 22, 2017
Notification of First Admission List
June 30, 2017
Commencement of Classes
July 20, 2017
Closing date of Admission
August 16, 2017
The 2017-18 Entrance examination for BA (Hons) of Delhi University will be conducted in the following centres across the country.
*Chosen city can’t be changed after the submission of application form.
Undergraduate courses are offered by the University through its affiliated colleges in four major streams of studies namely Arts/Humanities/Music and Fine Arts, Commerce, Mathematical Sciences and Sciences under different faculties. The same are summarized below:
Faculty of Arts / Humanities/Music and Fine Arts:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts [Vocational]
- Bachelor of Arts [Hons.]
Arts: B.A. (Hons.) Arabic, Applied Psychology, Bengali, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Spanish, Urdu
Humanities: B.A.(Hons.) Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, Social Work, Sociology
Applied Social Sciences: Hindi Patrakarita, Journalism
Music and Fine Arts: Hindustani Music, Karnatak Music, Percussion Music
Faculty of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce [Hons.]
Faculty of Mathematical Sciences:
- Bachelor of Science - Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] – Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] - Statistics
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] - Computer Science
Faculty of Sciences:
Bachelor of Science [Hons.] – Anthropology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Biological Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Electronics, Geology, Home Science, Instrumentation, Microbiology, Physics, Polymer Sciences, Food Technology, Zoology.
Bachelor of Science - Applied Physical Sciences (Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry), Applied Physical Sciences (Industrial Chemistry), Applied Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences
Bachelor of Science (Pass) - Home Science
Courses which have entrance examination:
● Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
● Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) [BBA(FIA)]
● B.A.(Hons) Business Economics
● B. Tech. Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations (IT&M)
● B.A. (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences
● Bachelors of Elementary Education (B.El. Ed.)
● Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports: B.Sc. (P.E., H.E. & S.)
● B.A (Hons) Multi Media and Mass Communication (MMMC)*
Stay tuned for more on Delhi University Admissions.