Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee to organize annual Business Conclave, AVENIR in August 2015.
To keep abreast of contemporary business challenges and get insights of how to face them, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) will organize annual Business Conclave, AVENIR in August 2015. The theme for Avenir 2015 will be ‘Understanding the Trends and Needs of the Emerging Global Business Landscape’ & will provide students with an opportunity to interact with industry experts to share their experiences in the form of guest lectures. Being future managers it is immensely important for the students of Department of Management Studies to leverage the golden opportunity brought to them by this conglomeration of industry and academia.
AVENIR will be spread across a two days consortium on 22nd and 23rd August, 2015. The conclave has been contrived to cater to the needs of zealous students from various specializations.
The Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee invites eminent industry veterans every year to participate in the conclave. Speakers from various industries will come together to share a common stage to recount their insights accumulated over the years of experience. In the past, prominent personalities like Mr. Mangu Singh (Managing Director, DMRC), Mr. D. Bhattacharya (Advisor, IFFCO) and Mr. Pradip Baijal (Former Chairman, TRAI) have been graced the occasion with their presence.
AVENIR’ 2015, under the guidance of Head of the Department, Dr. Santosh Rangnekar, is all set for the month of August with the theme of ‘Understanding the Trends and Needs of the Emerging Global Business Landscape’. The business conclave will serve as the knowledge-sharing platform for the business heads of various organizations and will help in developing not just the right skills and abilities that will enable the budding managers to capitalize on the strengths of the growing Indian economy; but will also contribute in developing a responsible business mindset that will help sustain the growth story. The event intends to provide an absorbing learning environment for all the participants.
Highlights of 'Avenir 2015' by Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee
- Speakers from various specializations of Management will talk about prospects in Marketing, Finance, HR and Operations
- Prominent entrepreneurs will give market insights in the Business Conclave
- The talks will gear up the students to get equipped in advance with all the techniques and tools needed to set up their own businesses in the times to come
- The conclave will effectively help to engage the students for two way knowledge sharing, enhancing their understanding of the contemporary business environment
- The conclave will bring out the significance of the full understanding of the global business landscape and the localization needs of the markets in renewing and strengthening great businesses through good times and bad
- AVENIR, renders an opportunity to have one-to-one discussion with industry stalwarts which can be a lifetime memory inscribed in the minds of students forever