As DU admission for various courses is to start from tomorrow June 1, 2016, candidates need to keep the following documents along to make the admission process smooth.
With a delay of almost a week, DU admission for various courses is to start from tomorrow i.e. June 1, 2016. As the application process goes online, the time for students to hop from one college to another in the scratching heat of Delhi is over. However, once the cut-off list is announced or results are announced for test based courses, students need to reach out to one Delhi University (DU) college to another to make it into the best.
The DU admission process is different this year as compared to last one when students have to fill in admission forms manually. This time, students need to fill forms online, upload their academic certificates and other documents online. Since the way of admission has changed considerably this year onward, which is even the reason for the delayed admissions in DU, students need to keep the following documents along to make their day long strives hassle free and convenient.
To help students avoid unnecessary troubles during the DU admission this season, we have compiled a list of documents and paraphernalia they need to apply for various courses across colleges in DU.
Update: Guys if you are Looking for DU Colleges ? Use DU College Predictor tool
What you’d know beforehand
- Before we start discussing certificates a candidate need to keep handy for the online registration of any 3-year, full-time undergraduate courses, here are some important details you should know about. DU 2016 application forms will be valid for courses/programmes that all colleges under DU including Jesus & Mary and St. Stephen’s College offer. However, St. Stephen’s College and Jesus & Mary to conduct entrance test followed by an interview to provide admission under any of its undergraduate courses. Owing to these reasons, only fill in the DU application form after ensuring that the college they are interested in offers that particular course/programme.
- No more hassles of filling the form manually. This year onwards, students need to register online through DU admission 2016 link that will be visible on the official website from June 1, 2016 onwards. Through filling this form, students can apply for any of the UG course they are interested in.
- Before filling up the application form, candidates need to register online by providing basic details that include e-mail id and password. Once the registration is completed, students need to log-in to the website with the said credentials and fill in the admission form.
List of documents needed to fill in the application form
- Candidates who are interested enrolling themselves into any of the courses they like in the colleges of their choice need to keep the following documents along when filling DU admission form online.
- 10th board examination certificate or Class 10th marks-sheet if not combined with certificate
- 12th marks-sheet. Class 12th Provisional/ original certificate.
- Character certificate (the most recent).
- Transfer certificate from School/college.
- Migration certificate from board/university for students who have their senior secondary exam from any university outside Delhi or those who are migrating to Delhi.
- Recent passport size photograph of max size 50KB with dimensions of 100px (min-width) X 140px (min-height).
- Scanned copy of signature of 50KB maximum size with dimensions of 140px (min-width) X 60px (min-height).
- ID Proof (Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter's Identity Card, Passport, College Identity Card) Self attested of max 100KB in size.
- SC/ST/PwD and OBC (Non-creamy Layer) Certificates issued by the competent authority in the name of the candidates, if applicable.Those who want to take DU admission based on the Kashmiri Migrant Quota need to submit Relief Commissioner/Divisional Commissioner issued Kashmiri Migrant Certificate.
- Educational concession certificate for CW Quota candidates to be issued by the competent authority.
- Sports / Extra Curricular Activity (ECA) distinction certificate of the last three years in the descending order starting from April 2013 to March 31, 2016.
- The registration process will only be complete after the candidates submit the application fee. For that purpose, keep Debit card and credit Card along or pay through Net banking. Fee for General/OBC candidates is INR 100 and INR to for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Caution: Candidates seeking DU admission and filling the online registration form or applying for any course in a college need to verify and cross check the furnished details. The reason being, no corrections will be made to the information thus provided. The procuring/submitting incorrect information may lead to the cancellation of form.