Department of civil engineering, Delhi Technological University (DTU) will host a short term course between April 18 to 22, 2016.
Delhi Technological University will conduct a short-term course on ‘Recent Trends in Geo-environmental Engineering’ from April 18 to 22, 2016. The course is being organised by the department of civil engineering, DTU and funded by Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (TEQIP)-II.
Faculties from IIT/DTU/NIDM/NIT/CSIR and other experts from Industry and research organizations will grace the event and deliver lectures on the given topic.
Topics to be covered:
- Sources and effects of subsurface contamination
- Soil waste interaction, contaminant transport
- Planning and design aspects relating to waste disposal in landfills
- Landfill and its uses
- Biological characteristics of solid waste
- Engineering properties of waste material
- Geotechnical application of coal ash
- Design of ash ponds and tailing ponds
- Registration fee is INR 2500, which should be sent as demand draft in favour of Registrar, DTU, payable at New Delhi.
- The registration form in the prescribed format approved/sponsored by competent authority should be reached to the course coordinator on or before April 4, 2016.
- Last date for receipt of application: April 4, 2016
- Intimation to the selected candidates: April 11, 2016
Source: Ajit Singh Kushwaha, HTCampus Specialist
Also on HTCampus.com
Like us on