Are you a Computer Science aspirant? Do you wish to seek admission in a top college in DU? Here is all you need to know.
Delhi University (DU) is one of the most reputed and coveted universities in India. Almost every student wants to pursue their higher education from DU. Be it a pass course or honours course, DU is the first choice of most toppers in India. By offering courses like Computer Science, the university has produced skilled professionals, who are today working with the top IT companies in India and abroad.
Candidates who want to check their expected college for admission in Delhi University 2017 can use DU College predictor 2017.
The Computer Science department in Delhi University was established in 1981. Equipped with advanced technologies and learning facilities, it imparts quality education to develop core competencies in Computer Science engineering. The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) courses in Computer Science.
For those looking forward to taking admission in DU, here is the guide to admission and DU entrance exam for Computer Science courses:
Admission for B.Sc in Computer Science
Admission in DU for B.Sc in Computer Science is done through University Central Admission Committee.
- To get admission in B.Sc in Delhi University, students should have studied and passed Mathematics, one language, and two other subjects mentioned in the academic subjects.
- Applicants should have secured 60% marks in Mathematics and 55% marks in the overall aggregate.
Admission for M.Sc in CS
Admission procedure for M.Sc has been divided into two categories:
Through Merit: Only Delhi University students who have filled the application form are given admission in this category. Through merit, 50% of the seats are filled for M.Sc. in Computer Science.
Through Entrance Test Followed by Interview: Remaining 50% seats are filled on the basis of Admission Test.
- For those seeking admission after completing B.Sc. (H) need 60% marks in aggregate either from DU or any other university whose examination bears equivalent value to that of University of Delhi
- For those who completed B.Sc. Applied Physical Sciences with Mathematics and Computer Science/B.Sc.(General) Mathematical Sciences, (10+2+3 scheme) with Mathematics and Computer Science from DU need 60% marks in Computer Science and Mathematics separately in addition to 60% marks in aggregate
- For those who have completed any Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Delhi or any other equivalent university can also apply for the course, if they had:
1) At least six papers in Computer Science and two papers in Mathematics (under semester system)
2) At least three papers in Computer Science and one paper in Mathematics (under annual examination system)
DU Entrance Exam Pattern
The entrance exam for admission in Delhi University is of 3 hours. It consists of multiple choice questions in both Hindi and English languages.
The exam consists of questions on:
- Computer Science (50 questions)
- English Comprehension (05 questions)
- Mathematics (15 questions)
Syllabus for M.Sc. Computer Science Entrance Exam:
|Subject Name||Topics To Be Covered|
|Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms||
|Computer System Architecture||
Number of seats: 30
|Category||Entrance Test||Merit Basis|
Foreign Nationals = 2
There are just 30 seats for M.Sc. in Computer Science at DU, which is too low when compared with the number of applicants. So, this is sure that you need to strive hard to secure a seat by cracking DU entrance exam for Computer Science and take the first step towards a bright future in the IT field.