Here is the eligibility criteria and application procedure to apply to degree courses offered by Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences. Apply before 15th February 2013…
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani has invited application for admission to its integrated first degree programmes in BE (Hons), B Pharma (Hons), M Sc (Hons) and M Sc (Tech). The programmes are also offered at BITS Goa, BITS Hyderabad and BITS Dubai. Interested candidates need to apply before 15th February 2013.
The admission will be done on the basis of BITSAT 2013 score which will be held from 14th May to 1st June 2013.
Eligibility to apply for BITSAT 2013:
- Candidates should have passed class 12th examination from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate should have a minimum aggregate of 75% with 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate should be proficient in English.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2013. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers:
The Institute offer admission to all the students who obtain first ranks in their respective board examinations irrespective of their BITSAT-2013 score.
Eligibility criteria for admission under ‘Direct admission to Board toppers’ scheme:
To be eligible for admission under the 'Direct admission to Board toppers' scheme, the candidate should be the topper from the science stream having taken Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects in 12th. To identify the topper, the following criteria will be adopted.
- Has taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in 12th and
- Has obtained the highest aggregate percentage of marks in 12th among all the students who have taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in 2013 from the Board. For the purpose of calculating the aggregate percentage, the aggregate marks should include the marks of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in addition to other subjects which are required to pass the 12th examination from the Board under consideration. Further, the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subject marks should be included in the aggregate, irrespective of whether the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects are identified as main/optional/elective in his marksheet(s).
- Applicants under the scheme should attach documentary proof in support of their claim, along with the 12th mark sheet and a letter from the Board declaring the candidate as the topper in the specified stream. The Institute will also make efforts to get these data from the different boards on its own. In all cases, the Institute will be guided by the data provided by the concerned Board. In cases where for a particular board, the data available before the deadline is insufficient or inconclusive, the admission committee may decide not to make any offer under the scheme for that specified Board. In all such cases, the decision of the Vice chancellor will be final and binding on the applicants.
Application procedure to apply for degree courses at BITS:
You can download the admission details file from ‘download file’ link given on this page.