Manav Rachna International University (MRIU) was awarded ASSOCHAM Education Excellence Awards 2014 for the “Best Private University Promoting Research & Innovation”.
Manav Rachna International University (MRIU) is making its name in the field of Research and Development by motivating students for paradigm thinking, solving problem in new ways, creating fresh & unique ideas for brining change in the society.
MRIU University has an expansion in research and development through following resources:
- Institution has to its credit of an over 3000 research publications in International Journals, National Journals, International Conferences and National Conferences.
- Papers listed in the Scopus database.
- 242 Patents have been filed/granted to faculty and students
- Seven research proposals worth Rs. 1.33 crores have been submitted by faculty members for getting research grant from the Government agencies.
MRIU University has maintained a strong nexus with many foreign Universities and Government Agencies like DRDO, DST, IEEE, Faculty of Engineering & Technology and due to this, the University has organised abundant National Conferences, Seminars, Workshops etc, few of which are listed below.
Activities of the MRIU University
- Aero-modelling workshop
- Next Generation Networks
- Energy Conservation
- Quality Standards of Private Technical Educational Institutions
- Linden Group of USA Universities
Manav Rachna International University (MRIU) has been motivating and assisting its faculty for handling various researches by imparting financial support and laboratory. Faculty members are encouraged to attend various faculty development programmes both within and outside the University.
Presently, Centre of Excellence for Energy and Environment Studies (CEE) and a Centre of Research in Nanotechnology and Science (CRNTS) are the two projects, which are in the process at Manav Rachna International University (MRIU) campus in Faridabad. These projects were set up by Dr. R.K. Malhotra, Former Chairman & Full-Time Director (R&D). The university has also instituted the Dr. O.P. Bhalla Chair.
Centre of Excellence for Energy and Environment Studies (CEE) includes following activities:
- Design and conduct short-term special programs for small and medium scale entrepreneurs desirous of starting business in new and emerging energy areas
- Setting up of suitable research labs in relevant areas (for M. Tech/M.S./PhD projects and research work)
- Consultancy assistance in setting up of renewable energy ventures
Center of Research in Nanotechnology and Science (CRNTS) includes following activities
- Strengthen the Nanotechnology infrastructure and research activities at MRIU with state of the art facilities for Nanotechnology research.
- Identify potential industry partners for commercialization of Nanotechnology research.
Source: Ashish Mishra, HTCampus Specialist