Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) announces 2 year full time MBA and PhD Programme for 2013-15 session
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) under Delhi University announces a 2 year full time MBA and PhD Programme for their 2013-15 academic session.Posted by Shubhangi Sarah on Oct. 3, 2012, 3:02 p.m.
The Faculty of Management Studies focuses on management education more than just business management. FMS has the unique privilege to be part of one of the premier universities world – the University of Delhi - with some of the finest departments in Economics, Law, Sociology, Commerce and Operations Research.
MBA : Candidates applying for admission to the 2 year Full-Time MBA must have pursued at least a 3-year Bachelor's Degree programme after twelve years of formal schooling having secured minimum percentage of marks (in aggregate) in a bachelor degree in different disciplines such as Arts, Commerce or Social Science - 50%; Sciences -55%; Mathematics or Statistics - 60%; Medicine, Engineering or Technology - 60% / CGPA of at least 6.00 in a scale of 10.00. or Post-Graduate Degree or 2nd Degree examination after 10+2+3 scheme, securing at least 60% marks. Candidates appearing for the final year examination of Bachelor's/Post-Graduate degree examination may also apply.
Candidates, seeking admission to FMS Doctoral Programme, are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2012 conducted by Indian Institutes of Management during October 11, 2012 to November 06, 2012. A minimum work experience of two years is mandatory for all such candidates.
Applicants can register online for admission for M.B.A. (Full-Time) and Ph.D. Programmes through FMS website by filling up online registration forms and by paying the requisite fee of Rs.1000 (Rs.350 for SC/ST/Physically Challenged category) for each programme, during 12th September, 2012 to 14th December , 2012. Admission to M.B.A. (Full-Time) Programme will be based on Personal Interview, Group Discussion and CAT-2012 score (Common Admission Test) conducted by Indian Institutes of Management during October 11, 2012 to November 06, 2012) while admission to Ph.D Programme will be based on Personal Interview and CAT 2012 score.
Number of seats available- 200
Admission Test - CAT 2012 (FMS aspirants are required to register for CAT 2012)
Important Dates - Online FMS Registration for Admission:
Opening date: 12th September, 2012
Last date: 14th December, 2012
FMS online registration page - Click here to register online.
Pre-requisites for Applying Online:
- A candidate needs to have access to a computer with a printer. However, the form can be saved and printed at a later stage up to the last date December 14, 2012. CAT-2012 registration number is mandatory for a candidate applying for admission to MBA(Full-Time) and Ph.D.(Management) programmes.
Payment of registration fee can be made by choosing any one of the modes given below:
- Registration Fee can be paid by a crossed Demand Draft (Please keep your DD ready at the time of online registration)
- Registration Fee can be paid through the Internet Payment Gateway of the HDFC Bank by your credit card/ debit card.
- Candidates belonging to all categories including General, OBC, CW (other than SC/ST/PH) are required to pay a registration fee of Rs. 1000 and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH are required to pay a registration fee Rs. 350 for applying to each program.
- For eligibility conditions and reservation of seats for non-general categories. Please ensure that you satisfy the eligibility conditions, before you register and pay online or through bank draft as the fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one course have to register and pay separately for each course.
- Those paying through Demand Draft (DD) may please note that one single DD of the required amount is to be made from a Scheduled/Nationalized bank in favour of 'The Registrar, University of Delhi' payable at Delhi.
- You have the option to upload your photograph, signature and Left Thumb Impression (LTI) in JPEG or JPG format. If not, candidates may choose to affix their passport-size colour photograph, signature and Left Thumb Impression (LTI) in the space provided on the printed Acknowledgment Form and send it to FMS so as to reach latest by 21st December 2012.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories should send self-attested photocopies of caste/category certificates along with the printed Application Acknowledgement Form.
Candidates applying to Executive Programmes including HCA must submit Sponsership certificate only in requisite format (Click here) from their organisation in original with documents mentioned in 5 and 6 above without which their applications would be rejected. The sponsorship certificate should NOT be transmitted on-line /e-mailed by employers. Also, these candidates will have to write Statement of Purpose separately at the time of interview.
MBA Full Time Programme by NIIT University, New Delhi: Admission Notification
MBA Admissions 2012: IMT, BIMTECH, TAPMI, NIIT extend Last Date for Application
IIFT 2012 Exam Dates for Admission to MBA in International Business (IB) 2013-15