To apply for FDDI’s entrance exam FDDI AIST 2017, read the following instructions carefully.
FDDI (Footwear Design and Development Institute) conducts FDDI AIST every year for admission to its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
A computer-based test, FDDI AIST is conducted in both Hindi and English languages. The duration of the test is two and half hours, where candidates have to attempt 150 multiple choice questions.
The question paper is categorised into four different sections. These sections include maths, general science, English and general awareness. Each section is allotted the time duration of 40 minutes, within which candidates have to complete the section.
Those who wish to make a career in the field of design, retail and fashion should apply for FDDI AIST 2017.
FDDI AIST Application Procedure 2017:
FDDI AIST Online Registration 2017:
- Candidates need to register themselves on the official website of FDDI. Click the “Apply Online” link, under the “Admission” icon.
- After this, the candidate will be redirected to the registration page.
- Then, they should select the “New User for Registration” option, which will redirect the user to a page with instructions for the application.
- Candidates should read all the instructions carefully, click on the “Submit” icon and a New User registration form will open.
The application form requires the following details:
Choice of Programme:
Candidate needs to select the UG/PG programme that he/she is applying for.
List of courses offered by FDDI are:
- BDes (Footwear Design & Production)
- BDes (Fashion Leather Accessories Design)
- BDes (Fashion Designing)
- BDes (Retail & Fashion Merchandise)
- MBA (Retail & Fashion Merchandise)
- MBA (Footwear Design & Production)
- MDes (Creative Design & CAD/CAM)
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Here, the candidate is required to fill all personal information like name, gender, date of birth, age, blood group, category (whether general/SC/ST/OBC), email address, mobile number and nationality. Candidates also need to fill in the details of their guardian’s name, occupation, relationship and the annual income of the family
- Candidates also need to select the option whether their course is sponsored by the industry or not.
- Next, the candidates need to select five campuses of their choice where they want to pursue the course out of the list of campuses. FDDI has eight campuses in India- Noida, Kolkata, Jodhpur, Fursatganj, Chennai, Rohtak, Guna and Chhindwara. As per the website, new campuses are to be established in Punjab, Patna, Hyderabad and Gujarat.
- Candidates need to fill their address, along with the necessary education qualification details.
- Next the candidate needs to upload a photograph, which should not be bigger than 140X160 (90Kb), and also upload a signature, which should not be bigger than 90X120 (30Kb)
- Once all the details are filled, candidates can click the “Submit” icon. Remember, the information submitted at this stage cannot be amended, so submitting all details carefully and correctly is necessary.
- Once the registration is done, the candidate will receive a unique login ID and password on his/her email address and mobile number. The candidate can then use that to log in to the FDDI website, under the “Registered Candidate” category.
- Once the candidate has logged in, he/ she needs to select the course, and fill the name of the course.
- A candidate may apply for more than one course at the cost of single registration form. However, if a candidate is applying for a UG course, he/she cannot apply for the PG course, and vice versa.
- If a candidate is applying for more than one course, then he/she needs to mention the course code as per his/her course preference in the form.
- Date and centre of examination: Candidates need to select the date and centre of exam from the list, and click the “Submit” button, to get transferred to the payment window.
- Registration fee can be paid online either by a credit or debit card. The amount is Rs. 500/-
- Once the payment is confirmed, the candidate will receive a confirmation on his/her email ID and contact number.
Candidate can choose to view the filled application and take a print out for future reference.