GATE 2018 application forms are closing by October 9, 2017. Candidates are advised to fill in GATE application form within the time as no extension for the same will be provided.
The last day to apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2018) was October 5, 2017, which was further extended to October 9, 2017. Therefore, the aspirants are advised to fill in their application form at the earliest as no extension for the purpose is given whatsoever. To the newcomers, it is worth mentioning here that the application process for GATE 2018 began on September 1, 2017, and is to conclude by today EOD that is October 9, 2017 (8 PM). GATE 2018 exam is scheduled to take place on February 3, 4, 10, & 11, 2018.
GATE is a national level entrance exam which is held to give admission into Post Graduate programs – Master’s and Doctoral – that include M.Tech, ME and PhD. The score obtained in GATE exam is accepted for admission at some of the most reputed institutes across India that includes, but surely not confined to, IISc, IITs, IISER and scores of other reputed institutes. Not only is this but PSUs viz. NTPC, BHEL, CSIR, DRDO, BARC, IOCL, PGCIL, ISRO and some of the leading private organizations even also take GATE scores into consideration for recruitment purposes.
Organized by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati this year, GATE 2018 online registration as well as application process, as per the earlier norm and practice in place, will be conducted through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) and is mandatory not only for admission but also financial support for master’s and doctoral programs in some of the a few engineering, science and technology institutes under the government of India. Other than the academic use, GATE 2018 score is also mandatory for job applications in several public sector undertakings.
GATE 2018 Application- How to Apply?
The aspirants who want to fill in the GATE 2018 Application forms can consider following the easy steps mentioned here to save time and effort to apply for the exam.
- Go to the official website www.gate.iitg.ac.in
- Register using a valid email ID and mobile number
- After registering, candidates need to access GOAPS – GATE 2018 online application processing system using their unique enrollment ID and password.
- Fill in the GATE 2018 Application form with the relevant information in the text boxes provided for the same.
- Candidates need to also upload the photograph (of the prescribed size) signature and other required documents and procure the desired details.
- The next step is paying the application fee. Candidates can use the debit card and credit card as well as use internet banking for the same. Candidates can also pay fee offline with e-challan.
- Candidates are advised to download, save and take the printout of the GATE 2018 application form for the further use.
- Now candidates need to download the GATE 2018 admit card.
The fact worth noticing here is that GATE 2018 exam will be conducted in the 197 cities of India and 6 international cities that include Dhaka (Bangladesh), Kathmandu (Nepal), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Singapore, Ababa (Ethiopia) and Dubai (UAE). GATE 2018 score, like every year, will also be accepted for admission in universities in Germany and Singapore. While filling in the GATE 2018 application form, candidates need to provide three exam centre choices and the exam centre will be allocated to them accordingly.
GATE exam is conducted in online (Computer Based Test CBT) mode only and includes Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) as well as the questions with numerical answers that are to be keyed by the exam takers. The duration of GATE 2018 exam is of three hours duration and scores obtained in it remains valid for three years.