GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Chemical Engineering

Nidhi Mishra updated on : 11 Jul 2017
161

IIT Guwahati will shortly release the GATE Chemical 2018 exam pattern. Candidates can check the exam pattern of GATE 2018 for Chemical Engineering here.

GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Chemical Engineering- IIT Guwahati will conduct the GATE 2018, on various dates of February 2018. According to the exam pattern of GATE Chemical 2018, the entrance test will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and numerical type questions (NAT). The total duration of the test will be of three hours. Candidates who wish to appear for GATE 2018 must strategise their preparation based on the exam pattern of GATE 2018 Chemical. The candidates must also examine methodically the syllabus to aid themselves to prepare well for the exam.

The national level Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a gateway for its flagship post-graduate and Ph. D programmes in engineering and architecture offered at Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). GATE is conducted every year by IIT.

GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Chemical Engineering

GATE 2018 will be divided into four parts:

Part I: General Aptitude (GA), which is common for all the GATE Papers

Part II: Based on the specialisation

In all papers, there will be 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying 15 marks will be on General Aptitude (GA).

The Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.

GATE 2018 would contain questions of two different types in various papers:

(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying one or two marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).

(ii) Numerical Answer Questions of one or two marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions, an answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals) or 10.001 (three decimals). Wherever required and possible, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places.

For one mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for two-mark multiple-choice questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. There is no negative marking for numerical answer type questions.

The exam is slated to be held on February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2018. Check for GATE 2018 Important dates here.

marks).

Engineering Sciences XE

Code

Life Science XL

Code

Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)

A

Chemistry (Compulsory)

P

Fluid Mechanics

B

Biochemistry

Q

Materials Science

C

Botany

R

Solid Mechanics

D

Microbiology

S

Thermodynamics

E

Zoology

T

Polymer Science and Engineering

F

Food Technology

U

Food Technology

G

 

 

Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences

H

 

 


GATE Papers with Codes

GATE Paper

Code

GATE Paper

Code

Life Sciences

XL

Engineering Sciences

XE

Textile Engineering and

Fibre Science

TF

Production and Industrial

Engineering

PI

Physics

PH

Petroleum Engineering

PE

Metallurgical Engineering

MT

Mining Engineering

MN

Mechanical Engineering

ME

Mathematics

MA

Instrumentation Engineering

IN

Geology and Geophysics

GG

Ecology and Evolution

EY

Electrical Engineering

EE

Electronics and Communication

Engineering

EC

Chemistry

CY

Computer Science and

Information Technology

CS

Chemical Engineering

CH

Civil Engineering

CE

Biotechnology

BT

Architecture and Planning

AR

Agricultural Engineering

AG

Aerospace Engineering

AE

   


For papers having the codes AE, CE, BT, AG, CS, EC, CH, EE, ME, IN, MN, PE, MT, PI, TF and XE, 15% of the overall marks will be for General Aptitude section, 15% of the overall marks will be for Engineering Mathematics and the rest 70% of the marks will be for the chosen paper.

For papers having the codes EY, AR, CY, PH, MA, GG and XL, 15% of the overall marks will be for General Aptitude section and the rest 85% of the marks will be for the chosen paper.

ATE Bio-Technology Pattern

GATE Civil Pattern

GATE ECE Pattern

GATE Life Sciences Pattern

GATE Chemical Pattern

GATE Mechanical Pattern

GATE Computer Science Pattern

GATE Instrumentation Pattern

Important: Use GATE Score Predictor to predict your GATE 2018 Score and shortlist colleges based on your predicted scores.

Check All – GATE 2018 Official Answer Keys

Stay Tuned with HTCampus.com for latest updates on GATE 2018 Exam Pattern.!

Compare Colleges

Recommended articles

Leave Your Comments Views or Questions here