Here are some last minute preparation tips for GATE 2018 to help students in GATE preparation. Read further to know the details
GATE 2018 Last Minute Preparation Tips- IIT Guwahati has released the important dates of GATE 2018 that states examination dates i.e. February 3, 4, 10 & 11, 2018. It will be a computer-based examination and its duration will be 03 hours. Candidates will be tested in the engineering subject knowledge as well as Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude skills.
GATE is jointly conducted by the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. The score is also considered by several Public and Private Sector Undertakings for employment and job prospects in India.
As the final date is approaching, the stress level also increased. During this phase of preparation, a good guide is a must to crack the examination with good marks. It’s all about how smartly you prepare rather than how much hard work you are putting in. Hence, read the article to know what to do and what’s not during this time.
GATE 2018 Last Minute Preparation Tips include a guide on how to prepare for the exam in last few days so that students can give their best.
GATE 2018 Last Minute Preparation Tips
Know The Pattern and Marking Scheme
Candidates must focus on the topics carrying higher weight-age in the examination. Studying as per the GATE exam pattern is highly advisable since it keeps you on track. Here we have mentioned a few tips to simplify your preparation
- General Aptitude- This section is of 15 Marks and contains 10 questions. It is a mandatory section for all GATE aspirants. Candidates can improve their overall scores through this section as it is a bit easier than other two sections.
- Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry) – This section is of 13 Marks. It contains mathematical problems
- Subject Specific Section- This section is of 72 Marks. It contains the numerical question on the basis of selected specialization. This is the toughest section that need more focus.
- Out of 65 questions, 35 questions are MCQs and 30 questions are NAQ (Numerical Answer questions). Solve easy MCQs prior to numerical answers.
To qualify the GATE, candidates should attain minimum GATE cut off marks. Hence, instead of solving paper from very first question try to grab cut off marks.
Check Stream-Wise Exam Pattern
Focus on Important Sections- Firstly, prepare those sections which contain the highest weightage. Don’t start your preparation randomly. In last few days, you have limited time, hence, use it wisely. Every second is crucial.
Solve Mock Test & Sample Papers- Sample papers and mock tests are created on the basis of the actual examination pattern and the syllabus. Solving them will give you the idea of the type of questions and you can improve your preparation accordingly.
Take Proper Sleep and balanced diet- Last dates are undoubtedly filled with immense stress but that doesn’t mean you will compromise with your health by not taking proper diet and sleep. Sleep rejuvenates you and helps you in concentrating. We all know that focus is utmost important during the last days because you have a lot to accomplish and only few days are left.
Time Management is the key- In last few days; a better time management is the key that can solve most of the issues. Divide your time according to the remaining syllabus and revision required. Always keep few hours reserved for revision else you will forget the important sections.
Learn tricks to speed up calculation- Make short notes of quick formulas to speed up the calculation. As we mentioned earlier the smart work is more important. So, keep revising these formulas by solving as many questions you can. The more questions you solve better will be your preparation. The maximum weightage is shared by the numerical questions hence give more emphasis on solving different type of question.
Solve the easiest queries first- Go through the question paper and solve the easy questions prior to the tough one. If you start solving the tough question then you may lose the chance of answering the easiest questions.
Don’t Take risk- Only mark the answers for which you are cent percent sure else skip that. The negative marking can decrease your score so instead of taking risk, it is better to be at safer side and solve only those questions for which you know the answer.
Other Important Points to Remember
- Download the Admit Card and keep it safe along with a valid ID proof.
- Read all the instructions mentioned in the admit card in order to avoid last minute hassles
- Prepare your bag a night before the examination.
- Practice using virtual calculator to speed up the calculation.
- Don't take unnecessary stress
- Don't start a fresh topic one night before the exam
- Keep a calm mind and don't panic
Important: Use GATE Score Predictor to predict your GATE Score and shortlist colleges based on your predicted scores.
Check All – GATE Official Answer Keys
Stay Connected with HTCampus for more GATE preparation tips.