Gender Champions: A joint initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development and Ministry of Human Resource Development
With the intention to promote gender equality, to foster equal treatment, Government of India envisages engagement of Gender Champions in all Universities across India. Gender Champions can be both boys and girls of above 16 years of age enrolled in educational institutions. Gender Champions is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development and Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Gender Champions will be representatives who will be responsible leaders. They will provide helping hand in facilitating an enabling environment within their academic institutions where females are treated with dignity and respect.
Eligibility Criteria for Nomination of Gender Champions:
- Gender Champions can be both girls and boys above 16 years of age.
- Should be enrolled in and regularly attending the University.
- She/he must have scored at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in the annual examination.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should have demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Excellent understanding of the socio-cultural issues and prevailing gender norms and practices.
For further details click here
About the University:
Graphic Era University is a deemed university, is formerly known as Graphic Era Institute of Technology. The GEU offers courses at under graduate, post graduate and doctorate level. GEU is recognised by Ministry of Human Resource Development, and it was declared as deemed to be university by under the act of University Grants Commission. Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Masters in Business Administration and Master in Computer Application are under the approval of All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and also are eligible for accreditation by NBA.
Source: Naman Jain, HT Campus Specialist
Shubham Rawat, HT Campus Specialist