GITAM GAT 2018 exam pattern will help the candidates understand the type of questions, marking system and other details. Read about the exam pattern of GITAM GAT 2018 in detail here.
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) have released the exam pattern of GITAM GAT 2018. Candidates who have either filled GITAM GAT 2018 application forms or planning to do the same before March 26, 2018, which is the last date to apply for the exam should also be aware of the exam pattern. GITAM GAT 2018 exam pattern basically includes the mode of the test, time candidates get to solve the question paper, the type of questions asked in the exam, the language in which question papers are printed and the marking system, among other details. Aspirants must go through the exam pattern of GITAM GAT 2018 before making any plan as it will not just help them save time but will also help them cover the maximum syllabus in the limited time. Check the article below to have detailed information on GITAM GAT 2018 exam pattern.
GITAM GAT 2018 Exam Pattern/Paper Pattern
Following are some of the points to be remembered for the GITAM Admission Test 2018. Candidates should keep this in mind before giving the examination of GAT 2018.
- The GITAM Admission Test 2018 is a computer based online test.
- The duration of the exam will be of 2 hours.
- There will be a total of 100 multiple choice questions.
- There are three sections in the exam.
- There will be four options given for each question out of which the candidates have to choose the right answer.
- Four marks will be awarded for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. Students are advised to attempt questions vigilantly. No marks will be marked for unattempted questions.
After the completion of the computer-based GAT test, the computer will display the result of each candidate in terms of the number of total correct answers and wrong answers and the net score.
Total no. of questions
In addition to GITAM GAT exam pattern 2018, the candidates should also check the syllabus for the exam. Majorly, the syllabus of the entrance exam to get admission to GITAM for engineering courses includes questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Topics covered in different subjects of GITAM GAT 2018 syllabus include:
GITAM GAT 2018 Chemistry Syllabus:
- Atomic Structure
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding
- Classification Of Elements And Periodicity Of Properties
- Hydrogen And Its Compounds
- Alkali And Alkaline Earth Metals
- States Of Matter: Gases And Liquids
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Electro Chemistry
- Group 13 Elements
- Group 14 Elements
- Group 18 Elemtns (ZERO Group Elements)
- Group 15 Elements (V A Group Elements)
- Group 16 Elements (VI Group Elements)
- Group 17 Elements (VII A Group Elements)
- Transition Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- General Principles Of Metallurgy
- Principles Of Qualitative Analysis
- Organic Chemistry
- Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Alcohols, Phenols And Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones And Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Practical Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry In Everyday Life
- Environmental Chemistry
GITAM GAT 2018 Physics Syllabus
- Units And Dimensions
- Elements Of Vectors
- Centre Of Mass
- Rotatory Motion
- Surface Tension
- Fluid Mechanics
- Thermal Properties Of Matter
- Kinetic Theory Of Gases
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Wave Motion
- Ray Optics And Optical Instruments
- Wave Optics
- Electrostatics And Capacitors
- Current Electricity
- Cr Circuits (DC Only)
- Electromagnetic Induction And Ac Circuits
- Dual nature Of Matter And Radiation
- Atoms And Nuclei
- Semi-Conductor Devices And Communication Systems
GITAM GAT 2018 Mathematics Syllabus
- Sets, Relations And Functions
- Mathematical Induction
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Quadratic Equations & Theory Of Equations
- Theory Of Equations
- Binomial Theorem And Its Simple Applications
- Sequences And Series
- Permutations & Combinations
- Matrices And Determinants
- Vector Algebra
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Properties Of Triangles
- Complex Numbers
- Limits, Continuity And Differentiability (LCD)
- Applications Of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integration
- Applications Of Integrals
- Co-Ordinate Geometry
- Straight Lines
- Parabola, Ellipse, Hyperbola And Polar Co-Ordinates
- Probabilities, Random Variables & Distributions Statistics
About GITAM GAT 2018
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management is one of the most reputed universities in India. GITAM University is likely to conduct GITAM Admission Test (GAT) in the month of April 2018 as the result will be declared in May 2018. The merit list will be available along with GITAM GAT result. The merit rank will be made on the basis of marks secured by the candidates. The qualified candidates of entrance examination will be called for GITAM GAT counselling and the call letter has to be downloaded by candidates and carried to the counselling centre. Candidates must report to 6 counselling centres for admission procedure. During counselling, candidates will be granted admission to 10 B.Tech courses as per the rank of candidates.
Stay connected with HTCampus.com for more updates on GITAM GAT 2018 Exam Pattern.