GPAT 2017 will be held on January 28, 2017. Candidates can see all the details regarding the GPAT syllabus here.
GPAT 2017 Syllabus – The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is conducted by AICTE every year for admissions to postgraduate pharmacy programmes in medical colleges across India. The admit card will be available for download on the official website from January 13, 2017. The exam will be held on January 28, 2017, and the reserve day for the exam is January 29, 2017. Registrations are currently live.
Candidates can see all the details regarding the GPAT 2017 syllabus below.
The GPAT 2017 exam will be mainly divided into four sections:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
The topics covered under Pharmaceutical Chemistry are:
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical & medicinal chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy
The topics covered under Pharmaceutics are:
- Dosages Forms, designing & evaluation
- Introduction to Dispensing and Community Pharmacy
- Microbiology In Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence & Ethics
- Physical Pharmacy
- The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing
The topics covered under Pharmacognosy are:
- Basic Concepts of Pharmacotherapy
- Fundamentals of general pharmacology
- Pathophysiology of Common Diseases
The topics covered under Pharmacology are:
- Alkaloid Containing Drugs
- Glycoside Containing Drugs
- Sources of Drugs
- Studies of Traditional Drugs
- Volatile Oils
Apart from these four main topics, the general syllabus will cover topics like Alkaloids, Applications of plant tissue culture in Pharmacognosy, Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis, General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies, Glycosides, Marine Pharmacognosy, and Terpenes etc.
GPAT 2017 will be conducted in an online mode at various centres across the country. The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours, consisting of 125 objective-type questions. Each question will carry 4 marks and there will be negative marking as well. Stay tuned for more updates on GPAT 2017.