Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL) will soon announce recruitment of engineering graduates through GATE 2017 examination. Read more.
Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL) was incorporated in August 1993 but it was established in May 1960 under the name of Gujarat Electricity Board (GEB).
GSECL is a company that generates electricity and it is based in Gujarat and delivers electricity through companies like Dakshin Gujarat Vij Company Limited (DGVCL), Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Limited (MGVCL), Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Limited (PGVCL) and Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Limited (UGVCL).
Once the candidates are appointed for the below-mentioned positions, he/she will have to work for a period of 2 years on fixed remunerations, they will be absorbed in the organisation as Junior Engineers after the evaluation of their 2-year service.
Check All: PSUs Recruitment through GATE 2017
Number of Vacancies for GSECL Recruitment through GATE 2017
There are a total of 100 vacancies for the position of Junior Engineer in the following disciplines-
- Communication & Information (C & I)
Waiting for PSUs to call you? Know if you will get a call from your desired PSU through PSU recruitment through GATE predictor tool. Click here!
GSECL Recruitment through GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have a Bachelors degree in Engineering (in Communication & Information, Electrical, Environment, Mechanical and Metallurgy Engineering) from a recognized university
- A minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying examination is compulsory (55% in case of reserved category candidates)
- Aggregate marks scored by the candidate in his 7th and 8th semester will be taken into consideration, it is compulsory that the candidate passes both these semesters in the first attempt itself
- The age limit for all the applicants is 30 years
- Candidates applying for the aforementioned position must have knowledge of the Gujarati language
GSECL Recruitment through GATE 2017 Application Process (in Detail)
Candidates are advised to use Internet Explorer 7.0 and the above versions or Microsoft Firefox 4.0 and the above versions to fill the application form.
Follow the below mentioned steps to fill the application form-
- Visit the careers section on the GSECL website to fill the online application form
- Create a fresh account and enter a password which should contain a minimum of 5 characters
- Enter all the required details including personal and educational details
- Upload a recent passport size photograph in .png, .jpg, .jpeg and .gif format in the specified file size
- Candidates also need to enter their GATE 2017 details like GATE 2017 score, registration number and all India rank along with the SSC seat no. and year of passing SSC
- Once the online application is successfully submitted, candidates are required to note their On-line registration no., password and registered email id
- Application Fees- INR 500 for general, SEBC and PH category candidates (INR 250 for SC and ST category candidates belonging to the state of Gujarat only)
- The registration no. and password will be sent to the candidate via mail also
- Candidates need to submit the hard copy of the application form along with a number of specified documents to- "(Vidyut Sahayak (Jr. Engineer- Electrical/ Mechanical/ Metallurgy/ C&I/ Environment), I/c Chief General Manager (HR&A), Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd. Corporate Office, Race Course, Vadodara- 390007
Documents to be sent along with the Application Form (photocopies only)
- Two passport size photographs
- Qualifying degree mark sheet (7th & 8th semester)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Demand draft (Name of the candidates should be mentioned on the back side of the DD along with the Registration No.)
- School Leaving Certificate
- GATE 2017 Exam documents- Registration No. and scorecard
- Domicile certificate
GSECL Recruitment through GATE 2017 Important Dates
Submission of Online GATE 2017 Form
September 2016 to October 2016
Start of Online Application Module
Last Date of Applying to GSECL
Last week of March 2017
Last Date for receipt of hard copy of Application Form along the documents
GSECL Recruitment through GATE 2017 Salary Structure
- The first and second-year salary of the candidate will be fixed, i.e. INR 18K and INR 20K respectively
- Once the candidature of the candidate is confirmed by the management, he/she will be paid INR 17300- INR 38610 with the gross remuneration at the existing rate of DA
Disclaimer: The information provided above is tentative. Candidates are recommended to wait for the PSU’s official notification before applying.