The yoga session was conducted on National Youth Day in memory of birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda!
Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune successfully conducted a Yoga Sivir on January 12, 2016.
The yoga sivir was conducted in the auspicious occasion of birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda and the national youth day. Swami Baba Ramdev attended the session and gave his tribute to the legendary saint Swami Vivekananda.
Here some guidance are given followed at the time of the Yoga Session on Yoga SIvir day at SIBM. Guidelines for Yoga Shibir as below:
- Attire / Clothing: light and comfortable cotton clothes.
- Footwear: Light footwear which is to be removed by the side of the mat
- Drinking and eating: Eat no less than 2 hours before and drink only small amounts of water before the session. Avoid drinking during the session. Yogasanas should be done on an empty / light stomach.
- Ease yourself: Please empty your bladder and bowels before the session.
- Be Punctual: Experience a new perspective by holding yourself accountable and by respecting everyone by arriving on time.
- Enter and settle down quietly: Do not fuss and move about. Settle down quickly and relax until the session starts.
- Keep comfortable distance: One arm distance on either side, front & back to avoid inconvenience while performing Yogasanas.
- Minimize conversation: refraining from chit-chat is not just good etiquette but also really beneficial for your state of mind.
- Switch off your mobiles / put them on silent mode; Exit the world of constant communication which we all love and step onto your mat fully liberated.
How does Yoga benefit:
- Synchronize your movements with the Yoga Instructors who are performing on the elevated platform.
- Do not hold body tightly or jerk the body at any point of time.
- Perform the practices according to your own capacity.
- Kindly remove kada or any ornament which may cause injury during yoga asanas
- Avoid yogasanas in case you have back, knee, shoulder injuries, or other medical contraindications (as certified by SCHC)
Note: Senior citizens and people with knee problems may sit on the chairs and may practice Pranayam.
About SIT, Pune:
Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune is affiliated to Symbiosis International University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
The Institute offers Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Master of Technology in Civil Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication, Mechanical Engineering and Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering courses.
Source: Divya Sharma, HTcampus Specialist
Also on HTCampus.com
Like us on