How to Apply for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2012: UPSC
You have to apply for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2012 ONLY through the Online Mode. No other mode of submission of applications is allowed. Click here to access the online application form.Posted by Nishatha Abraham on March 2, 2012, 3:11 p.m.
The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct the Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination on 20th May 2012.
You have to apply for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2012 ONLY through the Online Mode. No other mode of submission of applications is allowed. Click here to access the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2012 online application form.
(Also Read: UPSC Civil Services 2012: Preliminary Examination on 20 May 2012)
How to Apply for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2012 ( Conducted by UPSC):
(a) Candidates are required to apply online here. Detailed instructions for filling up online application forms are available on the UPSC website. The applicants are advised to submit only single application form; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
(b) All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission. Persons already in Government Service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as workcharged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are however, required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/ candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
Some instructions before you fill the online application form for UPSC Civil Services (Prelims) 2012:
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menus.
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only) (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Before start filling up on Online Application, a candidate must have his photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- The Online applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 4th February 2012 to 5th March, 2012 till 11.59 p.m. after which link will be disabled.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances any applicant submits multiple applications then he must ensure that the applications with higher RID is complete in all respects.
- In case of multiple applications, the applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply well in time without waiting for last date for submission of online application.
(Must Read: UPSC Civil Services Exam 2012: Preliminary Exam Syllabus)
NOTE 1 :
While filling in his/her Application Form, the candidate should carefully decide about his/her choice of centre for the Examination. If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in his/her Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be evaluated and his/her candidature will be liable to cancellation
NOTE 2 :
Candidates are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc. which will be verified at the time of the Main examination only. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Preliminary Examination, Main (Written) Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Preliminary Examination, Main (written) Examination and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission
Last Date for Receipt of Online Applications to Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2012:
The Online Applications can be filled here up to 5th March 2012 till 11.59 pm after which the link will be disabled.
Correspondence with the Commission (UPSC):
The Commission (UPSC) will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases:
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate 3 weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available on the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. If a candidate does not receive his e-Admission Certificate or any other communication regarding his/her candidature for the examination three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he/she should at once contact the Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011-23381125/011-23385271/ 011-23098543. In case no communication is received in the Commission's Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his/her Admission Certificate atleast 3 weeks before the examination, he/she himself/herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his/her Admission Certificate No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he/she holds a certificate of admission for the examination. On downloading of e-Admission Certificate, check it carefully and bring discrepancies/errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately. The candidates should note that their admission to the examination will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the Application Form. This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions by the UPSC. The mere fact that a certificate of admission to the Examination has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission or that entries made by the candidate in his/her application for the Preliminary examination have been accepted by the Commission as true and correct. Candidates may note that the Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with reference to original documents, only after the candidate has qualified for Civil Services (Main) Examination. Unless candidature is formally confirmed by the Commission, it continues to be provisional. The decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Examination shall be final. Candidates should note that the name in the Admission Certificate in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
- In the event of a candidate downloading more than one Admission Certificate from the Commission's website, he/she should use only one of these Admission Certificates for appearing in the examination and report about the other(s) to the Commission's Office.
- Candidates are informed that as the Preliminary Examination is only a screening test, no marks sheets will be supplied to successful or unsuccessful candidates and no correspondence will be entertained by the Commission, in this regard.
- If a candidate receives an e-Admission Certificate in respect of some other candidate the same should be immediately returned to the Commission with a request to issue the correct e-Admission Certificate. Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the examination on the strength of an Admission Certificate issued in respect of another candidate.
- Candidates must ensure that their email IDs given in their online applications are valid and active.