Application process, documents required & application fee for GATE 2016.
As all of you interested in PG in Engineering or M. Tech would know, GATE 2016 notification is out. The registration process is currently in progress and will continue till October 8, 2015. And the registration process is completely online. Visit the official website for GATE 2016.
Click the below link for latest update
How to apply for GATE 2016
Before deciding to apply for GATE 2016, make sure you have a valid e-mail, mobile number as the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) password will be generated at these two points. Besides, all further notifications and communication on GATE will be forwarded to the same e-mail and phone number.
Note* - One person can register with only 1 email – id.
Upon registration, you will receive the GOAPS enrolment ID via e-mail. You can use the ID to log in to GOAPS.
Documents required for applying to GATE 2016
- Personal information
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Degree details
- College address, PIN code of college
- GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities
- A high-quality photograph of yours as specified
- Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements as specified
- Scanned copy of degree certificate or certificate from principal/HODs in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of a valid ID proof that you will carry to the examination hall
- Your net-banking details
All the sections on the form are mandatory. Please ensure to fill all up. In addition, here will be a ‘Preview’ option, which you should check once before submitting your application form for GATE 2016. Please remember, once you click on ‘Submit’, you will NOT BE ALLOWED to make any changes.
Application Fee for GATE 2016
- General candidates (male): Rs. 1500
- Women/ PwD/ SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 750
Enrollment for GATE 2016 closes on 8th October, 2015 at 23:59 hours
Online payment options will be available till 12th October, 2015 for the existing registered candidates only.
The last date for generating e-challan is 12th October, 2015 and the last date for the payment of e-challan at SBI counter is 13th October, 2015.