Are you confused how to prepare for JEE Main 2018 just in 60 days? Read some easy-to-follow tips and make JEE Main exam preparation hassle-free and effective.
Do you want to want to become an engineer? Are you targeting JEE Main 2018 to get entry into one of the IITs or NITs?
IIT JEE is considered one of the toughest engineering entrance exams in India. However, scoring high marks in the exam is not that difficult if you prepare well for the exam. JEE Main exam preparation strategies and an effective plan can help you come out with flying colors. No matter for how many months or days you have been preparing for JEE Main 2018, a serious preparation of last few weeks can give you a boost of at least 500 ranks in JEE Main 2018 result. If you haven't started your preparation yet and looking for some helpful and effective tips for JEE Main 2018 preparation in 60 days, read the tips given below.
Having knowledge of exam pattern is essential for the candidates applying for JEE Main 2018. It not just gives them an idea of the type of questions asked in the exam but also helps them understand the number of questions in different sections based on which they can make their study plan. Let’s check JEE Main 2018 exam pattern before moving on to the exam preparation tips.
- JEE Main 2018 will be conducted in two parts: Paper 1 for engineering and Paper 2 for architecture
- JEE Main Paper 1 will have questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects
- The will be 90 objective type questions with equal weightage to all subjects
- JEE Main 2018 exam will be of 3 hours
- As per JEE Main exam pattern 2018, the test will be conducted both in online and offline mode
- Candidates can take the exam in any of the modes
- JEE Main 2018 question papers will be in bilingual language including English and Hindi except for the candidates choosing exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities. Candidates in these cities will also get a choice of Gujarati language
- Each question will be of 4 marks
- Negative marking will be done where 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
JEE Main exam will have questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There will be questions on different topics from these three subjects. Given below are the major topics from which questions have been asked in previous year JEE Main exams.
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Law of Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Sequence and Series
- Complex No., Quadratic Equations
- Continuity/ Differentiability, Limits
- Integral Calculus
- Coordinate Geometry
- Carbohydrate, Amino Acids, and Polymer
- Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives
- Gaseous State
- Solution and Colligative Properties
- General Organic Chemistry
- Atomic structure
- Periodic Table and Representative Elements
- Transition Element and Coordination Chemistry
JEE Main 2018 Books
When buying books for JEE Main 2017 preparation, never rely on the recommendations of the booksellers. They will suggest books giving them a maximum commission. As JEE Main is a new concept, there are very limited books which are completely targeting JEE Main exam. However, there are a few good books which cover JEEM Main syllabus. Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2018 must refer the books given below to strengthen their knowledge.
- HC Verma for Physics
- JEE Main question papers of previous years
- NCERT and CBSE books to understand basics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Complete Physics by Irodov
- IIT Chemistry by O.P Tandon
- IIT Mathematics by R.D Sharma
- The Pearson Guide by SL Loney
Tips to prepare for JEE Main 2018 exam in 60 days
As there will be 30 questions from each subject, candidates need to give equal attention to all the subjects while preparing a timetable. Further, you should focus on the quality of time you spend on each subject rather than quantity of time.
Take a short break of 5-10 minutes after every hour to let your mind rest. Make sure you don’t indulge in any activities related to studies during the break. Never discuss anything about your exam or syllabus during the break.
Quality study material
When looking for JEE Main study material, you will get a huge number of suggestions of books and other reference material. But to ensure that you utilize your time rather than wasting it on studying different books that just confuse you more, you should refer only the best study material.
Just reading books is of no use if you cannot remember what you have gone through. Make a habit of taking down important points and making handmade notes. You can refer these notes for the last minute revision.
You can make a separate sheet for formulas and theorems. Go through this sheet every day to remember the formulas.
Solve previous year question papers
JEE Main questions papers of previous years can also help you prepare well for your exam. It will help you manage your time and check your level of preparation.
Take mock tests
JEE Main is not hard but a bit tricky. To perform well in JEE Main 2018, along with practice, candidates also need proper planning and strategies to solve questions. Once you are sure that you have covered complete syllabus, take JEE Main mock tests.
By taking mock tests regularly, you will get a better understanding of topics. Further, it will also help you improve your speed and problem-solving skills. You will be able to develop skills to attempt a maximum number of questions with the highest accuracy.
Learn to apply shortcuts
Using shortcuts is a key to score well in JEE Main 2018. There are different tricks, shortcuts and other techniques candidates can use to solve Mathematics and Physics problems with accuracy. This will be possible only by the regular practice which you can do by solving JEE Main sample papers and writing mock tests.
Never ignore your health
Health is wealth and while preparing for JEE Main 2018, you should not ignore your health. Take out time for Yoga, meditation and other important things to get an inner peace, power of concentration and confidence.
Bonus tips to perform well in JEE Mains in limited time:
- Take a printout of your notes
- Take a break from social networking for some time
- Study at least 12 hours every day
- Avoid people and thing that distract you from studies
- Don't be stressed and believe in yourself