IBPS to conduct CWE for recruitment of clerical staff in 19 public sector banks.
The CWE Clerk III exam is a pre-requisite for being recruited for clerical cadre posts in public sector banks. As of now, the tentative date for the IBPS CWE Clerk III exam date has been tentatively fixed for November/ December 2013. The exam is conducted by Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection.
The eligibility criteria for IBPS CWE Clerk III 2013 are:
- Minimum 60% marks in Class 10
- Minimum 50% marks in Class 12 (10 + 2)
- A graduate degree holder
- Age group between 18 and 28 years
IBPS syllabus for CWE Clerk III for 2013
The written test paper for clerical posts by IBPS will consist of 5 subjects – English, Logical Reasoning, Numerical, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
The total number of marks given out basis objective type questions amounting to 200 questions (1 mark for each question) covering the above mentioned subjects. Each paper carries 40 marks and a negative marking of 0.25 mark is levied for every incorrect answer. The duration to complete the question paper is 2 hours.
- Logical Reasoning – expect verbal & non-verbal questions. Verbal questions include classification, analogy, decision making, word formation, series, decoding & coding, blood relation, symbol & notation, statement & conclusion, sitting arrangement and problem solving. Non-verbal questions will include series completion, finding any missing figure and classification.
- English Language - synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, word formation and the topic comprehension means deriving conclusion, theme detection, passage completion and the topic Rearrangement of passage, spelling, sentence and the topic grammar means set of rules active passive voice, indirect direct speech and the topic General usage means phrases and idioms.
- Numerical Ability & Quantitative Aptitude – this section will comprise of multiple choice questions only based on Arithmetic & Data Interpretation, which includes bar graphs, pie-charts, line graphs & tabulation. Roots, Average, Ratio, Time & Work, Time and Distance, Percentage, Profit & loss etc. include the Arithmetic quotient.
- General Awareness – this section will cover questions primarily related to current affairs including constitution, politics, banking, economy, sports, Finance, culture etc. across India and her neighbouring countries.
- Computer Knowledge & Awareness: questions in this section will be based on both hardware (operating systems, computer networks, internet, E-commerce, the basic computer architecture, terminology, EFT systems, acronyms and MS Officer 2003, 2007 power point) and software (MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Windows and internet etc)
Important dates for IBPS CWE Clerk III examination in 2013
- Online registration: August 19 – September 7, 2013
- Payment of application fees (online): August 19 – September 7, 2013
- Payment of application fees (offline): August 21 – September 12, 2013
- Pre-Examination Training (PET) for SC/ST/ Minority Community/ EXSM/ PWD candidates: After 29 October 2013
- Dates for Pre-Examination Training: 09 November 2013 to 16 November 2013 (excluding holidays)
- Call letter for examination (download): After November 18, 2013
- Online IBPS CWE Clerk III exam: 30 November 2013; 1 December 2013; 7 December 2013; 8 December 2013; 14 December 2013; 15 December 2013 (tentative dates)
- IBPS CWE Clerk III exam 2013 Results: January 2nd week, 2014
- Download of call letters for interview: last week of January 2014
- IBPS CWE Clerk III Interview: second week of February 2014
- Allotment: April 2014
- Other Banking institutes in India
- IBPS Common Written Examination (CWE) 2013 for Recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO) & MT’s