General Management Programme for Healthcare Executives (GMHE), has been initiated to groom clinicians and healthcare professionals to deliver excellence in healthcare management
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B) is all set to launch a one-of-its-kind General Management Programme for Healthcare Executives (GMHE), to groom clinicians and healthcare professionals to deliver excellence in healthcare management and to enable them to move into leadership positions in the near future and drive the growth of the healthcare sector.
The year-long certificate programme, which will commence in June 2016, has been designed and developed by the Executive Education Programmes (EEP) at IIM Bangalore and Apollo Medskills, the skills arm of the Apollo Hospitals Group. Throughout this one-year period, participants will have the opportunity to interact with the finest minds in the healthcare industry and management thought leaders.
Announcing the programme, Professor Shyamal Roy, Chairperson, Executive Education, IIM Bangalore, said: “Over time, IIMB has developed an expertise in offering long-duration certificate programmes for working professionals. The general management programme it offers, for example, has successfully completed 34 batches so far. IIMB has also expanded its long-duration management programmes to focus on IT and Aerospace sectors. There was a long pending demand from industry to start a programme focused on healthcare as well. I am, therefore, very pleased to announce the launch of this programme in partnership with Apollo Medskills. Healthcare is a rapidly growing sector of the economy. I am sure the sector will benefit immensely from this programme.”
Sangita Reddy, Joint Managing Director of Apollo Hospitals Group, said: “There is a scarcity of well-trained quality healthcare management professionals in India. I am excited at the enormous potential of this partnership in creating a pool of specialized professionals that will have adequate knowledge and skills to deliver value to clients. Further, as we deal with lives and strive for better care of our patients, the finesse required in related management deserves specialized training. I am convinced that this collaboration is the right step forward in this direction, keeping in mind the individual strengths of Apollo Group and IIM Bangalore.”
The Executive Education at IIMB ranks among the Top 50 schools globally that provide Executive Education programmes (Ref: Financial Times -2015 Executive Education rankings). The Executive Management Programme combines world-class healthcare management education with rigorous field-based learning.
- Opportunity to study as you work: The EMP in Healthcare is rigorous and challenging, designed as a 12-month, part-time programme
- Online learning format: EMP classes will be held at the IIMB campus at Bangalore and streamed to participants in Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Pune; due to the on-campus and online format, there is very little impact on the current work commitments of the learner
- Taught by the best faculty from across the world: The programme will be taught by a combination of globally renowned faculty from IIMB and industry experts from the Apollo Group
- Clinicians who are looking to pursue a career in hospital management
- Professionals from healthcare delivery and allied-sector organizations such as Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Diagnostics, Clinical Research and Health Insurance
Entrepreneurs and management consultants who wish to expand their operations and also get an in-depth understanding of the sector.