A short-term course at IIT Kharagpur will commence on January 19, for all personnel involved in mining.
A knowledge enriching short -term course is scheduled for January 19 and will run through January 22, 2016, at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
Eminent faculty members of Mining Engineering and Allied Departments of the Institute and outside the institute will deliver lectures on the topic ’Accident Prevention and Safety Management in Mines’.
- Concept of safety engineering and its role in mine safety
- Methods and techniques of risk assessment in mines
- Risk assessment and safety management system of DGMS
- Analysis of human factors related accidents and behavioural based safety
- Safety systems analysis using fault tree approach for identification of potential mine safety problems
- Computer based statistical analysis of injury data for risk assessment and safety evaluation
- Safety in opencast mines
- Emerging technologies in mine safety including wireless tracking of mine workers, virtual reality, and injury epidemiology
- Whole-body vibration of mine workers
- Demonstration and use of BG-4, Quaestor-III, and Spirometer
- Case studies
Course at a Glance:
- Date: January 19-22, 2016
- Course fee: Rs.18, 000/- per participant
- Organizing department: Department of Mining Engineering
Registration Process and Mode of Payment:
Currently, registration for short term courses is going on. There are two ways to pay the registration fee:
Through offline by sending a demand draft in favour of “CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur” payable at any bank in Kharagpur, by post to the Course Coordinator
By making electronic payment as follows:
Syndicate Bank, SRIC, IIT Kharagpur 721302;
Name of Account: CEP-STC, IIT KHARAGPUR
Account No. 95562200002955
RTGS No. SYNB0009556
The Department of Mining Engineering was initiated in the year 1956 with the first batch of B. Tech students. The department plays a pivotal role in introducing modern mining engineering curriculum in India.
Source: Akshay Thakur, HTCampus Specialist
Also on HTCampus.com
Like us on