The workshop at IIT Kharagpur will through light on fundamentals and methodology of ‘New Product Development’ for innovative commercial and consumer products.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur is preparing for a workshop on the topic ‘New Product Development Using Systems Engineering Principles for Industry Professionals’ in October.
Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering of IITK will host this workshop on October 21 and 22, 2016.
The workshop consists of lecture sessions, hands-on exercises, computer demonstrations, discussion on cases and live problems.
As there will be number of classroom exercises, participants need to have scientific calculators and computer laptop for his/her use.
Objectives of the Course
The main objectives of the workshop are as follows:
- Exposing participants to the fundamentals and methodology of New Product Development for innovative commercial and consumer products
- Enhancing the participants’ knowledge and confidence in the varieties of the state-of-the-art system engineering-based Product Development
- Providing exposure to numerous industrial and consumer products through case studies and live projects in the field of Product Development
- Enhancing the capability of the participants to identify, control, and remove the fundamental issues in development of products and processes
- Reducing the gap between demand and supply of trained manpower in the field of Product Design and Development
- Elements of Development Processes and Organizations
- Basic Principles for Product Planning using System Engineering Principles
- Identification of Customer Needs in the target market for the product
- Development of Target Specifications for the product
- Integrated Method of Concept Generation, Selection and Testing
- Specific Tools and Techniques to develop product architecture for platform planning
- Principles and Concept for Robust Design for manufacturing
- Product Development Economics
- Tools for effective management of Product Development projects
- INR 5000 per participant
The payment is to be made through a bank draft drawn in favour of ‘CEP-STC, IIT Kharagpur’ payable at Kharagpur.
The course fee includes course materials, working lunch, and tea/coffee during lecture schedules only
Also, check for upcoming events at IITK here.
Source: Akshay Thakur, HTCampus Specialist
Like us on