As many engineering graduates would be looking forward to IIT Ropar M.Tech admission, we are sharing every relevant detail here to make their decision and action simpler.
Based in Punjab, the Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar or IIT Ropar is one of the newest established IITs by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. Aspirants seeking admissions in the institutes that deliver high-quality technical and engineering education have IITs as their first choice. While IIT Ropar is not an age-old institute, it offers state-of-the-art engineering and technology education at several academic levels. As many engineering graduates would be looking forward to IIT Ropar M. Tech admission, we are sharing every relevant detail here to make their decision and action simpler.
M.Tech Disciplines and Specialisations Available at IIT Ropar
As it is a new IIT, the institute is limited to offer postgraduate courses in four major disciplines. Following are these disciplines and specialisation areas in which IIT Ropar M.Tech admission is available:
• Computer Science and Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
o Power Engineering
• Centre for Biomedical Engineering
o Biomedical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
o Manufacturing Engineering (MF)
o Thermal Engineering (TE)
o Mechanics and Design (MD)
Who is Eligible for M.Tech Admission in IIT Ropar?
Every IIT has its own set of terms and conditions as regards the eligibility of candidates or their selection and admission in postgraduate engineering and technology courses. Following are the eligibility criteria set for IIT Ropar M.Tech admission:
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech Admission in IIT Ropar
Eligibility Conditions for M. Tech
· A B.E. or B. Tech degree in mechanical engineering or a relevant area
· A valid GATE score in mechanical engineering
· A B.E. or B. Tech degree in electrical engineering or a relevant area, or an M.Sc. degree in a relevant area
· A valid GATE score in electrical engineering
· A B.E. / B. Tech / M.Sc. / MCA degree in computer science and engineering or a relevant area
· A valid GATE score in CS & IT
· Candidates who have done B. Tech from an IIT with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 are exempt from the GATE score requirement.
Centre for Biomedical Engineering
· A B.E. or B. Tech degree with a minimum of 60% marks (6.5 grade points on a 10-point scale) – relaxed by 5% or 0.5 grade points for SC/ST candidates
· A valid GATE score
· An M.Sc. / MS / MCA or equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% marks (6.5 grade points on a 10-point scale) – relaxed by 5% or 0.5 grade points for SC/ST candidates
· A valid GATE score
· An MBBS / BPharm / BVSc / BDS degree with a minimum of 60% marks (6.5 grade points on a 10-point scale) – relaxed by 5% or 0.5 grade points for SC/ST candidates
· A valid GATE score
Candidate Selection and Admission Criteria for M.Tech Courses
Now when you know about the eligibility to apply for IIT Ropar M.Tech admission, let us also inform you of the general and specific selection and admission criteria at the institute.
• GATE Scores:
The selection of the right candidates for M. Tech 2017 admissions will be done based on their GATE scores. As the GATE scores remain valid for a period of three years, candidates who have appeared in GATE 2015 or 2016 may also apply for admissions. Although the IIT Ropar M.Tech admission process has already started and GATE 2017 results have been declared on March 26, 2017. As the candidates will now get their GATE scorecards, they can apply for M. Tech successfully. Without the complete information or copies of the GATE scorecard, IIT Ropar may reject your application.
• Interview and/or Written Test:
If you are looking forward to IIT Ropar M.Tech admission, then you may get shortlisted on the basis of your GATE scores and academic credentials to further appear in an interview. Some of the candidates may also need to appear in a written test.
• Weightage of GATE and Interview Scores:
For specific M.Tech courses like electrical engineering, the selection will be done based on the weightage of both GATE scores and interview scores. While 70% weightage will be given to the GATE score, 30% weightage will be provided to the interview that is conducted by the Department Selection Committee. Based on the minimum cutoff for each category, as well as the final merit list, the reservation will be provided per the institute’s rules.
Important Dates for M.Tech Applicants
As the IIT Ropar M.Tech admission process has already started, it can be a risk to not know about the important dates of application and admission. Here is the required:
• Commencement of application process: March 12, 2017
• Last date of submitting applications: April 10, 2017
• Declaration of shortlisted candidates: June 2017
How to Apply for M.Tech 2017 Programmes at IIT Ropar
After you check your eligibility for IIT Ropar M.Tech admission, you can complete the entire application process online on the official website of the institute. Please note that IIT Ropar will not accept offline applications for M. Tech. Given below are the further steps of registration and application:
• Visit the official portal of IIT Ropar (iitrpr.ac.in/M.Tech). Register yourself on the portal by providing the necessary details like your preferred username and valid email ID.
• On successful registration, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered email ID. This mail will have a validation link. You should click on the validation link in order to enter a password of your choice.
• After saving your password, you may go ahead to fill the application form.
• In the application form, you will be required to provide your academic and personal details, as well as your GATE details. Candidates possessing professional experience also need to enter their experience details.
• You will also be required to upload your latest passport size photograph on the portal. Thus, you should have it available in the prescribed formats - .jpg, .jpeg, and .png. With dimensions of height 150px and width 130px, your photograph must not exceed the prescribed size of 2 MB.
• To complete your application process, verify all the entered details and submit the application form.
• Take a printout of the submitted application form for future reference and use. However, make sure not to send any document to IIT Ropar.
Documents to Be Uploaded
When you start the IIT Ropar M.Tech admission process by filling in the application form, you will need to upload a few documents. Check the following list and keep your documents ready before you click on the application link on the official portal:
• Your latest resume
• Any patent or publication, if existing
• Self-attested copies of your GATE scorecard
• Self-attested copies of the qualifying degree (all your degree grade cards and mark sheets, semester-wise)
On successfully completing your application procedure, you will be assessed by the institute for further selection process and admission. If you clear the process, you can expect to begin your first semester of M.Tech by July 2017.