Council of Architecture has intimated about the important changes in NATA 2016 on its official website. Check the changes for NATA 2016 here!
Important changes in NATA 2016 examination have been announced by the Council of Architecture on the official website. The changes made are effective for NATA test which started on April 1, 2016. As per the changes proposed by the Council, a candidate can attempt NATA entrance exam five times within two years from the date of their first attempt.
National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA) is a national level test which is conducted to grant admission to five years Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) degree programmes offered at various government, government-aided and unaided schools/colleges of architecture across the country.
The architecture entrance exam not only measures applicant’s aptitude for studying architecture but also checks their drawing and observation skills, aesthetic sensitivity, critical thinking ability and sense of proportion. The two-part test has an online section based on aesthetic sensitivity followed by a test on a drawing. The total duration is about three hours.
Important Changes in NATA 2016:
- Candidates can attempt for a maximum of five (5) times within two years from the date of their first attempt of NATA
- Candidate’s best score will be considered as ‘Valid Score’, out of the number of attempts till date
- This ‘Best of 5 attempts’ system will be practised for the NATA given from April 1, 2016
- The best score of all the attempts, i.e. the validity of the ‘Best Score’ will be for two years from the date of the first attempt.
- Candidates will be required to submit a new NATA registration in online mode at the official website of NATA for every attempt with remittance of required application fee for every attempt.
- There will be a mark list indicating the ‘best marks’ secured by the candidate among all the previous attempts taken by him/her as “Valid Score”. The candidates must remember that the candidate is eligible for only 5 attempts.
- In order to determine the “best of 5” for the candidates who appeared for NATA test before 2016, five more attempts will be allowed and the earlier “last valid score” also will be considered for calculating Best Score.
- The candidate seeking a repeat test must fill-in their earlier exam details in the application form while registering for NATA 2016, even if he/she has appeared in the previous years.
- If a candidate is found to conceal required information about previous attempts of NATA exam, this might result in cancellation of the candidature and the previous score secured by him/her and will be barred from appearing for NATA again.